Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Another vote for a simplified UI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another vote for a simplified UI

    I just purchased a license and switched to NT8. I see other people have complained about the new UI, so I'd like to cast my vote as well.

    Overall NT8 is really great, however the new UI is in my opinion a step in the wrong direction. Neither of the themes is useful, and the controls are hard to see and use.

    Please consider switching back to Windows default, which is visually clear and familiar. There is no need to reinvent the wheel and fix what's not broken.

    #2
    I'm okay with the themes and controls. My biggest gripe is with the completely*separate windows.

    For those of us that run NT8 with other applications open, the NT windows can quickly become lost behind other applications (Outlook, Notepad, etc.) and one must manually "activate" each window from the TaskBar.

    A "desktop" is needed whereby all current windows can be grouped together and maximized/minimized as a single unit.

    Comment


      #3
      The separate window feature is useful if you have multiple monitors, because you can move different windows in their own separate monitor.

      I use Windows 10's multi desktop feature to run NT in a separate desktop. This way it doesn't disappear behind Outlook or another application.

      Comment


        #4
        That's a great idea!

        I hadn't considered that. I'll have to try that.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by xsgex View Post

          Overall NT8 is really great, however the new UI is in my opinion a step in the wrong direction. Neither of the themes is useful, and the controls are hard to see and use.

          Please consider switching back to Windows default, which is visually clear and familiar. There is no need to reinvent the wheel and fix what's not broken.
          Are you suggesting to reuse NT icons/images for menu items? Or do you have actual display problems?

          I do like the Dark Slate and the other one that looks like new ToS dark skin... the light ones are too bright at night.

          No issues here with controls on Win7/Win10. Using Intel HD graphics and Nvidia products. Looks the same with each. Using 4k laptops and 3440x1440 dell u3415w's with hdmi or display port. Even dual link dvi is fine on my desktop.

          There a post here that's 2 pages deep.

          http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...courier&page=2

          Comment


            #6
            I don't have a technical problem and I don't need help.

            I just don't see how this:


            is better than this:


            Moving away from the default Windows color scheme and control set is counter-intuitive and unfamiliar, and forces someone else's visual style upon everyone, including those who have customized their default Windows look and feel.

            Just go back to using Window default, please. If I like black screens with invisible dark gray controls, I can apply a custom theme to in my Window settings. I don't need one application to stick out and sass me with it's own stylistic opinions.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by xsgex View Post
              I don't have a technical problem and I don't need help.

              I just don't see how this:


              is better than this:


              Moving away from the default Windows color scheme and control set is counter-intuitive and unfamiliar, and forces someone else's visual style upon everyone, including those who have customized their default Windows look and feel.
              But you could have this:

              http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...light=buy+sell

              Comment


                #8
                Hello xsgex,

                Thanks for posting.

                It would be possible to create your own Skin with NinjaTrader 8, which you may find useful to help create something that would suit your preferences. More information at the below link:

                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_own_skin.htm

                Comment


                  #9
                  Drew,

                  While this is one possible solution and it does sound like a fun weekend project, I don't have the time to write CSS to bring Ninja Trader 8 back to standards. What if every Windows application required me to to spend days tweaking colors and buttons?

                  Again, please consider moving back to Windows default.
                  Not a deal breaker if you don't, but it would be much better.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hello,

                    Thanks for your reply.

                    I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider implementing a pre-made skin similar to NinjaTrader 7 in a future release of the platform.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
                      Hello,

                      Thanks for your reply.

                      I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider implementing a pre-made skin similar to NinjaTrader 7 in a future release of the platform.
                      Originally posted by xsgex
                      Again, please consider moving back to Windows default.
                      Not a deal breaker if you don't, but it would be much better.
                      I think there is already a request for this, SFT-1962, here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...9&postcount=12
                      So maybe add a vote for SFT-1962.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This seems to be more closely related to SFT-465. We have added your vote to this feature request.
                        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Patrick,

                          Just wanted to make sure it's clear that request is to allow Windows to control the look and feel of NinjaTrader8. Creating a "Windows" looking skin doesn't help. Consider those who have customized their Windows with a custom theme, as well as visually impaired folks who have selected a high-contrast large text theme.

                          Thanks.

                          Comment

                          Latest Posts

                          Collapse

                          Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by rufat, Yesterday, 09:24 PM
                          1 response
                          15 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                          Started by TRADEONECLIC, Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                          0 responses
                          22 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post TRADEONECLIC  
                          Started by BrennanSalibrici, 12-17-2020, 11:55 PM
                          3 responses
                          45 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post StealthM93  
                          Started by coopgrafik, Yesterday, 07:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          9 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post coopgrafik  
                          Started by MisterGee, Yesterday, 07:55 PM
                          0 responses
                          8 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post MisterGee  
                          Working...
                          X