X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more and more memory minute after minute

Hi

i have install NT 8.0.5.1 , but there is a problem with the memory use
    On the start NT use about 800 MB, that seems normal...but every minute the memory usage gets higher and higher, after 1 h about 4 GB and NT gets slower and slower.
    30 minutes later 6 GB and about this time NT crashed ...
    Last edited by jr123; 03-16-2017, 02:13 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170316.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I and many others have the same problem. NT8 is **** software

Comment

The problem is with incompetently coded custom indicators, not with NT8.

Start with a single chart with no indicators, and see if the memory use goes up. It probably won't.

Then, add to that chart the indicators that you use, one at at a time, and see which ones cause the problem. And then, STOP USING THEM. Or find somebody who can fix them. Like me.

Be especially wary of indicators that draw symbols or text on the chart.

To make the testing quicker, do it with a sped-up Playback connection.

I really doubt that looking at your log or trace files will be of any value.
        Last edited by Ricam; 03-19-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

NT8 crashes upon downloading historical data since it was corrupted somehow upon executing the newest iteration of NT8. Thanks for the commentary about the indicators. I will bemindful of it.

Comment

With Ninjatrader shut down, use Windows Explorer to navigate to Documents\Ninjatrader8\db\Cache, and erase everything in the Cache folder. DON'T delete the folder, just EMPTY it. If you delete the folder NT8 will not start at all.

Sometimes workspaces get corrupted. Go to Documents\Ninjatrader8\Workspaces, delete the Workspaces.xml file, and change the names of all the workspaces in the folder by prefixing or suffixing each file name with a single character. The workspaces will still be there for future use, but Ninjatrader's next startup will be with an empty workspace named Untittled1.

Start with this EMPTY workspace, add a chart with a price series and nothing else, and connect to your data source. Then test your custom indicators as outlined in my previous message.
            Last edited by Ricam; 03-19-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton