Linking Market Analyzer and a Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Market Analyzer and a Chart

I like to click on an instrument in Market Analyzer, and have an open chart automatically display that instrument. I thought you would use the "Interval Link" button at top right of windows to make that happen - by selecting the same color for MA and Chart. But this does not do anything.

Please help.

Hello stevenev1,

Thank you for your post.

The feature you are looking for is the "Instrument link", which is the next box over to the right of the "Interval link". It's the same concept as the "Interval link", just set the same color for the Instrument link on the chart and the Market Analyzer.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    James C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, James. That makes a lot of sense

Comment

Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right place or connected, so please remove if necessary.

When I right click on an instrument in the Market Analyzer, and choose 'send to chart' it does not seem to open the chart using my default template. My template has the Data series set on day value 1, e.g. EOD data.

Is there something that I am doing wrong, or does the Market Analyzer always assume that you want to look at the minute chart?

I know it is only a minor thing and easy to change the value to daily but it would be nice if it used my default template for opening the chart.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamwillsher View Post
          Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right place or connected, so please remove if necessary.

When I right click on an instrument in the Market Analyzer, and choose 'send to chart' it does not seem to open the chart using my default template. My template has the Data series set on day value 1, e.g. EOD data.

Is there something that I am doing wrong, or does the Market Analyzer always assume that you want to look at the minute chart?

I know it is only a minor thing and easy to change the value to daily but it would be nice if it used my default template for opening the chart.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham.
          Graham, I had the same question, and there is now a request tracking number related to it. I am not sure where it stands.

Comment

Thanks for the update Stevenev1

Comment

Thank you, stevenev1.

Hello grahamwillsher,

Thank you for your post. I have added your vote to this feature request. At this time their is no word on future implementation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aa731
              by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes