SuperDOM for FXCM GER30 CFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM for FXCM GER30 CFD

Good morning, Jason : a wet & windy day morning in NL !

Could you please confirm that the GER30 CFD can now be traded within the NT8 Dynamic SuperDOM ?

Secondly, is it now possible to use Stop Limit orders with GER30 (& if not, is this likely to be available in future ?) ?

Lastly, is there an instruction page on migrating from NT7 to 8, please (I'm assuming a completely clean install is desirable ?) ? ?

It is possible to trade CFDs in the dynamic SuperDOM in NinjaTrader 8, however, depending on the size of the spread it could make it difficult to trade using the SuperDOM.

The ability to place stop limit orders on currency pairs or CFD instruments is not a limitation of the platform, but a limitation of broker API technology. The only account I can access to test CFD order submission is FXCM. It looks like they still restrict stop limit orders. However, a different CFD broker may be able to submit stop limit orders to CFDs.

What broker do you use? I would suggest reaching out to them to see if they support stop limit orders for CFDs.

Here is the FAQ and migration guide:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      It is possible to trade CFDs in the dynamic SuperDOM in NinjaTrader 8, however, depending on the size of the spread it could make it difficult to trade using the SuperDOM.]
      Patrick - I'm with FXCM, but do not see the option to select GER30 in the Dynamic SuperDOM instrument selector. Would you please guide me through the steps needed to "see" it ?

The CFD spread can presumably be manipulated in the Instrument Manager : in NT7 I have the min move set to 0.5 so that the CFD tracks the FDAX futures (also 0.5), also making it manageable in the DOM.

In any event, I see that switching to NT8 is going to take some time to setup workspaces and ATMs etc, so will create some time at a weekend.

Comment

To select GER30 for the SuperDOM:
        • Use the magnifying glass next to the SuperDOM instrument drop down list.
        • Once in the search window, change the type drown down list to 'CFD'
        • 'GER30' should be one of the available instruments which you can then choose and click OK

Comment

I don't have a "CFD" list in the DOM.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1679953 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses