Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

Hi,

I have imported DT Range volume profile indicator successfully, but when I try to add the indicator on chart, actually as soon as I select the indicator (not even double clicked to add the indicator), NT8 crashes with HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

I checked another thread with similar issue and I tried deleting config.xml from NT8 folder, but no success.

Could you please let me know how do I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Hello coolcorner,
    Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
    Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN Ryan M

Comment

In my case it doesn't crash NT, just constantly spams this error in log/trace when OnRender event occurs.
      I can reproduce this: Draw.Text with SimpleFont that has 0 size. I know that's my mistake but maybe NT should have a bit more informative log output. idk

Also trace:
      2023-04-07 10:59:10:780 ChartObject.Render.ERROR: Render exception on non finalized chart object 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Text' SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80070057], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_INVALIDARG/Invalid Arguments], Message: The parameter is incorrect.

at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
      at SharpDX.DirectWrite.Factory.CreateTextFormat(Strin g fontFamilyName, FontCollection fontCollection, FontWeight fontWeight, FontStyle fontStyle, FontStretch fontStretch, Single fontSize, String localeName, TextFormat textFormat)
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.SimpleFont.ToDirectWriteText Format()
      at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Text.UpdateTe xtLayout(Single maxWidth) in c:\Users\Admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\@Text.cs:line 501
      at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Text.OnRender (ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale) in c:\Users\Admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\@Text.cs:line 477
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartObject.Render(RenderTar get renderTarget, ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale)

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

Thanks for your note.

Please send us your log and trace files to support[AT]ninjatrader.com so we may investigate this further. In the subject of your email include ATTN: Brandon H and in the body of the email include a link to this forum post.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Also, send me a reduced copy of your script in the email so I may look into this on our end. Note that a reduced copy refers to a copy of the script that contains the minimum amount of code needed to reproduce the issue. All other code is commented out or removed.

To create a copy of your script to modify, open a New > NinjaScript Editor, select your script, right-click in the Editor, select 'Save as', name the script, and click OK.​

I look forward to assisting further.​
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses