• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Crashes with odd exception

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Crashes with odd exception

Hi there,

Every now and then, my NT8 v8.0.5.2 64-bit (Multi-Broker) crashes, especially when I try to activate a new window or to start/stop a strategy, click around, etc. It's frustrating, because this could happen while in position and could result in ugly situation.

Could you help me fix this?

Thanks!

Here's the exception I got out of the traces (I attached logs and traces too):
    Code:
    2017-03-28 09:33:59:718 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2017-03-28 09:33:59:718 The specified Visual is not a descendant of this Visual.
    2017-03-28 09:33:59:718 System.InvalidOperationException: The specified Visual is not a descendant of this Visual.
       at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TrySimpleTransformToAncestor(Visual ancestor, Boolean inverse, GeneralTransform& generalTransform, Matrix& simpleTransform)
       at System.Windows.Media.Visual.InternalTransformToAncestor(Visual ancestor, Boolean inverse)
       at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorRulerMargin.OnViewTextAreaLayout(Object sender, TextViewTextAreaLayoutEventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
       at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.PerformViewLineLayout()
       at #m3b.#c4b.#Ekc(ITextSnapshot #I7b, ITextChange #g7b)
       at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnDocumentTextChanged(Object sender, TextSnapshotChangedEventArgs e)
       at ActiproSoftware.Text.Implementation.TextDocumentBase.#O7c(#g7b #g7b)
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.OutputWindow.OutputEditorControl.Clear()
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptOutput.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptOutput.Dispose()
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptOutput.OnClosed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.NTWindow.OnClosed(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Window.WmDestroy()
       at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-28-2017, 07:13 AM.

Hello nicanor.babula,

Thanks for reporting the error.

I've removed your log and trace files from the forum as these can contain sensitive information. Moving forward, send these to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
    (I've got them this time)

Are you able to reproduce this error when testing the SampleMACrossOver script included with NinjaTrader?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for answering.

No, I am not able to reproduce, since it's random. It happens every now and then...

Comment

Hi nicanor.babula,

Just to confirm, no matter how many tries this behavior cannot be reproduced using the SampleMACrossOver?

Are you able to reproduce more often using a custom strategy?

Are there any specific steps that can lead to the error?

I'd be happy to schedule a call with you, start with a clean environment and do some testing to see if we can reproduce the behavior and get a set of steps for reproducing.

If you would like to do this, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by StealthM93, Today, 07:58 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post StealthM93  
        Started by Mykro, Today, 11:01 AM
        1 response
        0 likes