• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 ATM Strategy Delay Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 ATM Strategy Delay Error

I put on a trade this morning using an ATM Strategy that I use often. It enters me into 2 contracts, puts a stop-loss for 2 contracts and adds a profit target of 1 contract and another 1 contract.

This morning I used that ATM Strategy to enter a trade long with 2 contracts, then I used it again to add 2 more contracts and then I used it one more time to add 2 more contracts.

But as you can see in the attached screenshot, it only entered me into 2 contracts long, but created a 6 contract stop-loss and a 5 contract + 1 contract profit target.

I have had such problems occur before with NT8 and NT7. The ATM Strategies in Ninjatrader appear to be too slow to be able to act to a trader reacting to the fast moving intraday markets.

With NT7 I even had one situation when trading the markets live where the ATM Strategy entered me into the trade but failed to add my stop-loss, which caused me to have a $1400 loss during an economic report release, when I thought my total risk was $75.

Anything I can do on my end to prevent such a slow reaction time from my ATM Strategies created and the havoc that it can create for me?
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your post.

We would want to look into both cases to find the cause of these items. Neither NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 should perform in the way you detailed.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • In NinjaTrader 7, you can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
    • In NinjaTrader 8, you can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject lines and reference this thread in the body of the emails.

I look forward to your response.
    Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by dadarara, Yesterday, 06:38 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by jvanelli, Today, 01:19 PM
    1 response