• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer and Quote Updation

Hi

I am using Ninja trader 8

There are four queries with respect to Ninja trader

1. I am using yahoo finance as source to get the stock quotes for national stock exchange-mumbai, India. When i open the charts on March 29 2017 post market hours (7:00PM IST) for respective stock quote (sbi, icici bank etc.) i am able to view the candle of the previous day (March 28, 2017) only. The current day data (March 28 2017) (candle) was unavailable. The case was the same on both days (March 28 2017 and March 29 2017). I was able to view only the previous day information not the current day information.

2. Market analyzer is not populating any information on last close, last price, daily high, daily low etc. Not even the previous day information. Any idea why the issue is?. . The screen is empty and only displays all the instruments name which i have selected to display

3. I am trying to use Market analyzer to filter the stock based on my criteria. I wanted to view quotes that has changed 10% minimum on MOM basis. I tried using the "netchange" in column section, i was unsuccessful.

I wanted to perform simple calculation "result=((Todays close price-One month previous close price)/one month close price)*100).

4. I wanted to display only the quotes in Market analyzer which matches the above criteria

can you please guide me.

Thanks
    Praveen

Hello praveenramadurai

Thank you for your post,

Yahoo's connection in NinjaTrader is End-of-Day and unfortunately we do no have control of the data that is sent to NinjaTrader. I can confirm I am seeing the same on my end stocks pulled up with Yahoo, the most recent day is the previous day. For up-to-date information, you'll need to connect to a real-time data feed.

The below link will show all the NinjaTrader-supported data feeds and the market they support.

See "Understanding the Data Supplied by your Connectivity Provider"

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Regarding the Market Analyzer columns, these too are items require a real-time data feed. Most of these metrics are not calculated by NinjaTrader but rather are data types that are sent to NinjaTrader from the data provider.

For the filters, the Market Analyzer is designed to filter basic items and cannot perform calculations like you mention, in addition NinjaTrader doesn't have a method to get the factors you want to use (one-month close price). I've copied below the section of our help guide that covers what filters are possible.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...lter_condi.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Is the below function planned in next release or upgrades ?

I wanted to perform simple calculation "result=((Todays close price-One month previous close price)/one month close price)*100).

regards,
      Praveen

Comment

Thank your reply,

No, there are not plans to implement a method to perform these kinds of calculations.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes