• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i2w8am9ii2
    replied
    Hi JerryWar,

Thanks for the info.

I don't know Ninjatrader coding, how would I add a line to all the indicator code in the 2nd workspace?

Are there any tutorials or videos showing how to do such things?

Leave a comment:

• JerryWar
    replied
    i2w8am9ii2,

One thing you can do is add a line to all the indicator code in the 2nd workspace.
    IsSuspendedWhileInactive = true;

If you do this it will take up much less processing power while you don't have the workspace active but it will take a second when you switch to it for the indicator to recalculate.

~J

Leave a comment:

• i2w8am9ii2
    replied
    Thanks for the info, Justin,

I appreciate the help.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JustinS
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The best way to ensure that your extra workspaces do not use PC resources is to keep any workspace other than the current active workspace closed.

You can keep as many separate workspaces as you want, if they are not open they will not use your PC resources. Simply enough if you hover over any active workspace (displayed in green) and click the Close button you will be able to save a lot of processing power.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Leave a comment:

• i2w8am9ii2
    started a topic Multiple Workspaces Slowing NT8 Performance

Multiple Workspaces Slowing NT8 Performance

Hello,

When I first started using NT8, I created five different workspaces with quite a few charts and indicators in each one on four different computer monitors.

One workspaces was for a couple of the Currencies, one for a couple of the Metals, one for a couple of the Energies, one for a couple of the Indices and one for a couple of the Financials.

Then NT8 started becoming very slow and acting up. After speaking with Ninjatrader platform support, I was told that the many workspaces and charts that I use were causing the problems.

So I switched to using only one workspace, which limited what I wanted to do, but the speed of NT8 increased substantially and it stopped acting up.

Now I want to have one workspace with certain indicators on it and one with different indicators on it, so that I can switch between them at times.

But I am concerned that NT8 will become slow and possibly start acting up again, with two workspaces in my workspaces folder (three including untitled1).

Is there a way to have NT8 not use resources on whatever workspaces I am not using?

Would creating a new folder in the workspaces folder help with performance, if I put one or more of my workspace files in there?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post LawrenHom  
Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post love2code2trade  
Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM