Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is there a way to keep orders active on a chart after nt shutdown/restart ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a way to keep orders active on a chart after nt shutdown/restart ?

i have gtc buy or sell limit orders on a chart and have saved the workspace. after closing/restarting nt8 the orders are no longer on the chart, whereas i expected them to reappear?

is there a way to keep the orders active on the chart?

Are these live orders or simulated orders that you're referring to? If they are live, please immediately reach out to the Orders Desk of you broker to learn more about your orders and manage your orders/positions.

I would expect GTC orders to remain active as long as they are not cancelled or filled.

Is this easy to reproduce? For example, can you place an order, shut down NinjaTrader, start NinjaTrader, and the order is then no longer on your chart? Could you provide me the exact steps you take to reproduce the behavior you're describing?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Are these live orders or simulated orders that you're referring to? If they are live, please immediately reach out to the Orders Desk of you broker to learn more about your orders and manage your orders/positions.

I would expect GTC orders to remain active as long as they are not cancelled or filled.

Is this easy to reproduce? For example, can you place an order, shut down NinjaTrader, start NinjaTrader, and the order is then no longer on your chart? Could you provide me the exact steps you take to reproduce the behavior you're describing?

i am in simulation mode
      1] shut down nt8
      2] start nt8
      3] establish connection

BEFORE RESTART ... with order on chart
      Click image for larger version

Name:	apr3 - for nt8 forum - before restart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	641.3 KB
ID:	882529

AFTER RESTART ... order has vanished from chart

Name:	apr3 - for nt8 forum - after restart.jpg
Size:	461.1 KB
ID:	882530

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1686794 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1686794 ATTN Patrick G
          ok, it's in the mail patrick

Comment

I wanted to update this thread with what we discovered for those that may come across this thread experiencing the same issue:

This behavior is expected when trading in simulation mode. This is not possible in a live environment. In a scenario in which a user is connected to two or more providers which support different instrument types, while trading on the Sim101 account, the following situation can occur:
            • Starting point: Connected to multiple providers
            • Order is placed for a specific instrument type (let's say forex)
            • All connections are disconnected
            • Connections are reconnected, with the first one reconnected being a provider who does not support that instrument type (a non-forex provider, in this example)
            • That forex order will not display

To resolve the issue:
            • Disconnect from all data providers again
            • Reconnect to the provider which supports the order in question first
            • Reconnect to any other providers afterwards

Alternatively, use a single data provider who supplies all traded instrument types, or remain connected while orders are active.

Comment

hi patrick ... an fyi because it may be of use to you

when doing the disconnect / reconnect sequence the attached message below was displayed.

instead of reinstalling i just happened to start nt8 [which at that point i think had stopped running?] and everything now seems to be running ok ... after a few random old orders were filled again?

probably not of course, but do you have any idea about when the problem of keeping orders active on a chart after nt shutdown/restart will be fixed?

Name:	apr6 ... for ninja forum.jpg
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	882571

Comment

This indicates that either another program is accessing NinjaTrader's files (like a firewall, virus protection, or automatic backup program) or NinjaTrader was not fully shutdown before you attempted to restart.

Just to clarify - it is not necessary to restart to disconnect and reconnect from your connections.
                • Control Center > Connections > Disconnect
                • Control Center > Connections > Choose a connection

This is not a 'bug' but is an expected limitation of the simulation engine. We are tracking interest in adjusting the expected behavior of the simulation engine. The tracking number is SFT-2121.

Comment

This indicates that either another program is accessing NinjaTrader's files (like a firewall, virus protection, or automatic backup program) or NinjaTrader was not fully shutdown before you attempted to restart.

Just to clarify - it is not necessary to restart to disconnect and reconnect from your connections.
                  • Control Center > Connections > Disconnect
                  • Control Center > Connections > Choose a connection

This is not a 'bug' but is an expected limitation of the simulation engine. We are tracking interest in adjusting the expected behavior of the simulation engine. The tracking number is SFT-2121.
                  i was/am aware that a restart is not necessary. i think ninja logged off all by itself after displaying the error message ... but thanks for the heads-up.

so i will just continue to operate in the current mode until if/when things change.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielTynera  
                  Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle