Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to write to cache data ( Again! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to write to cache data ( Again! )

Started a new thread on this as I want support to answer this directly.

I have had this Unable to write to cache data error for a while now and had support respond several times sending with log errors and trace files.
    NT8 support has had me thoroughly go through all my indicators and written to their respective support suspecting the indicators are the problem.

I have spent weeks going through my internet connection, Virus checker updates, PC permissions, back up software,Windows update, and broker connection.

NT8 support have been on my PC and looked for themselves once, and the second time NT8 crashed so they couldn't get connected.

Countless times I have been told to go back to start up in safe mode and no indicators. The problem doesn't appear, perhaps because there is nothing running at all in NT8 and it is running in a very simplified way and this would not show errors up at all .

The advice is to Add all your indicators one by one, this takes for ever on an intermittent problem, how much time have you got! I agree this is a logical process but one I believe is used as putting off what the problem is. It takes so much time to do you will not be back for weeks.

I would not mind if all was been done to sort the problem out. I want to add I have not downloaded NT8 as a free Demo, I have paid outright for a lifetime licence. I paid for a tool to trade with and not to spend all my time troubleshooting.

When you download an indictor and it has not been written correctly you are downloading a bunch of trouble, and surely trial and elimination is the way to find the problem.

I have purchased only good soundly written indicators with great support, and it is because I have been in contact with the indicator support that I came across this piece of information.

What Is Causing It?
    The problem is that the market analyzer is trying to load up the data (through the cache) before the data connection has been connected.

This info can be found here:
    xabcdtradingdotcom/blog/unable-to-write-cache-data-ninjatrader-8/

I started up NT 8 and had "Unable to write to cache data" time and time again. I deleted the market analyser and restarted No Errors at all. I have restarted 10 times and no errors. I reintroduced the Market Analyser and immediately had 4 errors.

Support you must of know of this problem,I am sure that it was reported. Why didn't you tell me about this and save me no end of problems.deleting the cache time and time again is putting a sticking plaster over the problem.
    You have seen my machine, and seen that there was the Market Analyzer in use why didn't you raise that as a possible cause?

I feel fobbed off, there must be a problem here that should be sorted. My indicators are fine, my PC is OK, my connection is 150 mbps, and its not Windows at fault, just maybe its a problem with Ninja Trader 8 Market Analyzer ?

A Direct question! Is there a problem with the way the Market Analyzer works ?

Thanks for the post.

We take all unexpected behavior very seriously here at NinjaTrader. It is the primary goal of our support team to ensure that NinjaTrader is up and running without issues. If there is truly a limitation in the platform we will work towards a resolution.

I could not recreate this issue on my end by creating a Market Analyzer window and then restarting the platform. I suspect there is still something specific to your instance of NinjaTrader that we need to discover.

The error you're experiencing has been previously reported but there is not one definite resolution in many cases. This is why we require troubleshooting steps to discover the root and resolution.

We have reached out to the vendor and will be working with them directly to find out if there is a conflict with their add-ons and NinjaTrader.

I was working with you via email on this issue. I will be following up via that ticket after submitting this reply. I'd like to continue troubleshooting to isolate the issue.

Comment

MA seems buggy

Ninjatrader is a great company with fantastic people and a true commitment to the software and us users.

I'm having the exact same problem so would like to join in on solving this.
      I also believe it's a vendor connector issue and not an indicator, cache, computer, nor internet ...
      because, I have two separate connections, one causes this problem while the other doesn't. Also because this doesn't happen in NT7.

The one connection works without cache and streaming freezing problems. In the working connection, I can load my work space with many charts and an MA with many instruments. This takes about 3 minutes to complete loading. Then I start the connection. It takes 30 minutes for everything to finish loading. All the historical data is already on my drive yet it takes 30mins. Is MA requesting full historical data again from the connection? That's an unbelievably long time on my super fast i7, super fast ssd with many gb free space, 24 gb ram, Win10 machine. To load historical data takes an hour on this connection while it only take 10 minutes on the other.

Doing the above startup with charts and MA on the bad connection, first causes a "The connection was forcibly closed by" error after several "Primary connection=Connection lost, Price feed=Connection lost". This tells me that NT8 is sending a fire hose of requests to the 'bad' connection.

Perhaps it's because NT8 now send parallel data requests which might be overloading the connection. I tested this by ... having the connection off then opening the workspace and letting it settle then removing the MA then starting the connection. This sequence works just fine, like Fred. The charts update. After about fifteen minutes, I'll start the MA which takes fifteen minutes to finish loading. But after a half hour or more some of the charts will stop updating. Also, when I do this startup sequence around 9am so the connection can 'settle' then a few minutes after the market opens some of the data stop updating on both the charts and the MA. They are stuck. I'll refresh the chart without luck. That instrument's data is just stuck. I can load the data using Historical Data for the day then it updates the chart and MA but doesn't stream.

Like Fred, the 'bad' connection sometimes causes the "unable to write cache data" also freezes my charts and MA from updating. It's level II streaming works. Even if I delete the db>cache, newly recreated Workspace, Repair DB, or Reset DB i'll still get this error. Sometimes, recreating the workspace will work. But of course that's not a good thing for people to have to keep doing.

I've read many of the older NT7 & 8 posts on 'unable to write cache' only to find that support asks for logs and traces but then doesn't go back to post the solution, if there was any. NT support does a lot already but going back to post the solution would be very helpful in users 'self helping' themselves. Right now I'm left wondering 'how'd you solve it' for each post. I can't believe how old this problem is and therefore surprised NT8 doesn't fix it.

I think there is some coding problems with MA, because it has some issues during my migration from NT7 to 8.
      MA freezed when scrolling through the Available Columns, scrolling using the Scroll Bar or keyboard down arrow. Specifically the Available List Box. Typically around historical volatility. The prices stop updating. I can exit the control panel but MA and columns modal dialog stays on the screen. Only the Task Manager's End Process terminates the MA.

NT's suggestion to first add instruments then add one column at a time doesn't fix it either. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=96990
      If I type any character, the MA Columns dialog and MA updating freezes.

Workaround is not to use the scroll bar. Instead press the first Column in the list then slowly type the name of the column to add then click the italics add button in the Configured Box.

All these problems haven't happened after the first few days. Because of these early problems (which don't seem to happen now) and because of the current problems, it seems the MA code really needs to be reviewed.

NT team, what should I/we try to experiment with?

Comment

I can report after two days of testing that the set up we left on my platform with all my indicators loaded, but just The bid ask spread and Bid and ask loaded on the Market Analyser, there were no errors.

I have restarted the Platform many times during this period and there have not been any problems.

I can confirm that when more indicators are added to The Market Analyser the problems then start.

The tests I believe prove that the indicators added to the charts are not causing the problem, the problem start when the same indicators are reporting through the Market Analyser.

The Problems with the Market analyser are generated on start up and seem to be corrupting the Historical Data, perhaps the indicators that are added to the Market Analyser are requesting historical data and the Market Analyser is supplying this information at the wrong time in the start up process.
        That would account for the sharing violation errors I was getting. NT8 start up and NT8 market analyser were accessing the same information at the same time and one could not read or write to the cache folder.

I am hoping that Ninjatrader have reached out to xabcd Trading who are the vendors of the indicators and liaised with them. Xabcd Trading were more than willing to put the effort in to find a solution here.

I am hoping NT8 support can resolve this repetitive and repeatable problem very soon.

Comment

In fredfred123's case, we were able to eliminate variables until we arrived at the conclusion which he has outlined in the post below. Custom Market Analyzer columns seem to be the root of the issue. We will be speaking with the developer of fredfred123's indicators so we can work together towards a solution.

sajosh, if you have a reproducible scenario like fredfred123 I would suggest writing in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a brief summary of what you're experiencing, name the add-ons you have installed, and detailed steps required to create the issue. If there is a work-around to prevent the issue (like in fredfred123's case) please include that information as well. Please also CC the developer of the add-on so we can also work together towards a solution.

Also, please include a link to this forum thread and 'ATTN Patrick G' in the body of your message.

Comment

NT 8.0.8.0 message " unable to clear out cache data "

Hi PatrickG,

some times and in other cases very often when I connect NT 8 to the data feed I got this message that it is not confortable
            for someone who consider to use NT 8 to trade in sim or real , what could you suggest me, to clear out the cache memory ? As I can see, I am not the only one ...

No relation for me with any fredfred123 utility or whatever..... and to be clear enough in the market analyzer I have inserted a coulpe of months ago only FGBL - FDAX - 6E to get under my eyes bid ask and contract quantity

Thanks in advance
            Alinghy
            Last edited by Alinghy; 08-03-2017, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I can say that I havent had the error for a while ? think a couple of updates cleared it for me. saying that ill probably get tham now

Comment

Alinghy, I would not suggest clearing your cache. This would likely stop the error from occurring for a brief time but it would not resolve the underlying cause. This would be similar to giving a hospital patient pain medications before any diagnosis of the illness had been done.

This forum post is about 4 months old. We have released a few new versions of the platform since this post, so I suspect that the root cause is not the same as any of the causes that this thread was about.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

There is no need to reference this forum thread, however, please include a brief summary of what you're experiencing in the body of the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes