Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about deleting cache

Hello.

I was told today by NT support to delete the contents of the db>cache, minute, and tick folders.

Since IQFeed only allows 6 months back of tick data will deleting the above data only give me 6 months of tick data after downloading?

Or should I save the contents of the above folders and add the data that is older than 6 months?

thanks

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Correct, you would only be able to download the historical data available from your data provider. However, as a workaround, you could temporarily move your current data to the Desktop or another folder while you perform this test.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your downloaded data are not stored in the db\cache folder hierarchy, they are stored in db\day and db\minute and db\tick folder hierarchies. So, if you delete the db\cache group of files, which I do each and every day before starting NT8, you have not deleted your downloaded data, only that which has been cached (copied and optimized) for your charts to display.

Of course, your charts will take a bit longer to load after you've flushed the db\cache since the db\cache files will need to be recreated to build the chart bars. But once that's done the charts behave normally.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary