Lost data feed to live account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost data feed to live account

The connection state of my Live account has gone into warning state and I am not receiving any data through to Ninja, either 7 or 8.

I have restarted the connection, the applications and my PC several times, but nothing seems to reset it.

My PC has a good internet connection and has no issues browsing to web sites.

My broker FXCM has not issue listed on their site and I can still access price data via the app on my phone.

Can you assist what a warning connection status means and what I can do to check any issues at the applications end, before I chase my broker.

Kind regards

Duncan

Hello EastLondonKiwi,

Thank you for your post,

The first thing I would recommend doing is exiting NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to it's exceptions list.

If you're still unable to connect, can you please post a screen shot of the connection error you are receiving?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My broker has asked me to delete my ninja connection and make a new one.

I deleted the current connection to my live account and added a new one as per the connection guide.

When I do that I get failed connection due to password. which is the same password that works fine if I connect via the brokers web trading platform? thoughts

Comment

Ok FXCM are blaming you, they say the data feed at their end is fine, and there is no issues with my account that will prevent connection from the Ninja Trading platform.

thoughts?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I tested the FXCM demo login and it does appear to be working correctly, so likely this is an issue with the account setup within NinjaTrader.

The log in credentials are case-sensitive and can be difficult to type manually. I advise copying and pasting them directly an the email into NinjaTrader. Make sure, when highlighting to copy, that no extra spaces are highlighted before or after the log in details.

Critical: For the live account, make sure the "Demo" box is not selected when entering the log in details.

Comment

Eric

I have followed your advice. I typed both the user name (a number in my case) and my password into notepad.

I was able to copy and paste the details into the FXCM web-portal and the account opens. when I try the same with NinjaTrader I get account logon failure due to password

Comment

Ok Eric

I went back through the connection guide and found in the list of connections available one entitled My Ninja Trader FXCM. I used that to add my account details rather than a blank one.

Now it looks like the platform is attempting to connect, but I get a new error saying No Trading sessions found (Panic).

that seems to suggest my account details are working , but I am being kicked off your server?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

This error indicates the ID or password may contains a non-alphanumeric character (e.g., !,@,#,$,%,etc.),

If in use, try using the FXCM web portal to change the password then test again

Note: make sure the "demo" box is not checked.

Comment

Ok new error. I looked at the connection I had set up, and as you suggested the demo check box was checked.

I unchecked that and tried to connect. this time it took much longer and appeared to be trying to load price feed data, according to the log.

Now I get the error. HTTP request failed object='/pdas/servlet?rnd=5933734' errorCode=12002 (Panic)

what does that mean

Comment

Ok since sending support my logs, and while waiting for them to reply via email, I attempted to connect again, I have made no changes, and the connection now works and I have data?

Did you fix something at your end?

Comment

From my email:

"Glad to hear you are now able to connect. No, nothing was changed on our end, I suspect it was a general issue with an FXCM server.

Let us know if we may assist further. "

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aa731
                      by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM