Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk Forward - Error

Hi there,

Whenever I run the Walk Forward optimization with the Aggregate box ticked, I always get the error "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". The analysis always runs through to the last iteration, then I get that error, then NT crashes. It doesn't matter what strategy I use, it even happens with the default SMA crossover strategy.

Please help. Doing this manually is a very slow process.

Thanks.

Hello kabes223,

Thank you for your post,

I was able to successfully run the optimization on my end without issues. So we can verify the same settings are in use, can you please post a screen shot of the Strategy Analyzer settings and instrument you are using?

Also, what data provider is in use?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response Eric.

I've attached two screenshots. I'm using a custom Instrument list which contains ES and YM. Data provider is Kinetick free EOD data.

My NT version is 8.0.4. I'm not using the latest version because I had problems with my strategies not appearing under Strategy Analyzer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Would it be possible for you to upgrade and test again? Reason being, I am not seeing the error on my so likely it is already resolved in the current version.

In addition, it would be best to find the solution for the strategies not showing up on the current version rather than using a outdated version.

http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

I just upgraded to 8.0.5.2. The WF Aggregated test is still crashing NT. Also, the strategy issue is still there. In the Strategy Analyzer settings under Strategies all of mine appear there but if I select one and run it, the results will show up for another random strategy, which isn't the one I selected. In addition, the Strategy drop down box will appear empty. But one issue at a time! Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry for the oversight, do you see the same when the optimization is run on a single instrument?

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with a copy of your strategy, your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes