Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Unhandled Exception Error

Dear Support,

When trying to add a new column to Market Analyzer and chose 'Indicator" to configure, the program stops working with the following error:

"Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Adding variables other than "Indicator" is OK. Any advise please.

Thanks.

Here is trace print:
    2017-04-06 19:54:25:545 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2017-04-06 19:54:25:545 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2017-04-06 19:54:25:547 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.SetState(S tate state)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.IndicatorRenderBase.Se tState(State state)
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.Finalize()
    2017-04-06 19:54:25:582 Multiple properties with same name were found: Type(NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.MarketAnalyzerColumns .IndicatorMarketAnalyzerColumn) Property name(PDEX_InputUI)

Hello,

Thank you for your post,

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This is found at Help > About.

In addition, can you please let me know if you see the same when launched in Safe Mode?

1. Close NinjaTrader 8
    2. Hold the Ctrl Key + double click the NinjaTrader 8 icon (best done from the Desktop, continue to hold Ctrl until NT is launched).
    3. When launched, the NinjaTrader 8 splash screen that appears when loading should say Safe Mode.

This will cause NinjaTrader to launch without your saved workspaces and also will Connect on Startup disabled.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post,

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This is found at Help > About.

In addition, can you please let me know if you see the same when launched in Safe Mode?

1. Close NinjaTrader 8
      2. Hold the Ctrl Key + double click the NinjaTrader 8 icon (best done from the Desktop, continue to hold Ctrl until NT is launched).
      3. When launched, the NinjaTrader 8 splash screen that appears when loading should say Safe Mode.

This will cause NinjaTrader to launch without your saved workspaces and also will Connect on Startup disabled.

We look forward to assisting further.
      Thanks EricB,

I am using the latest NT version 8.0.5.2 64-bit and Windows 10.

Using the safe mode I was able to add column for "Indicator."

Also as a test of saved workspaces, I deleted the file _Workspace and launched NT8 as normal. The problem did not go away and I was not able to add indicator column.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please also follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Thanks EricB,

I have followed all instructions here and by e-mails from Shawn to do a re-Install of NT8. Nothing seems to work.

The program continues to crash when I attempt to add an "Indicator" column to Market analyzer. Adding columns for other parameters is no issue. Also, there is no issues in safe mode.

Any other tricks in the bag please? I recall others had similar problems with the MA in the forum, but there is no documentation since most issues are resolved by e-mails.

Thanks.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please also follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Sorry to hear the issue was not resolved, I unfortunately do not have further information. I'll let Shawn know the issue is not resolved as well and he'll follow up as soon as he's available.

Comment

Dear Support,

Any chance someone can help with this Market Analyzer error. Trying to add an "Indicator" column to Market Analyzer generates an Unhandled error (see 1st post) and crashes the program.

No problem in safe mode, and NT8 re-Install did not help. Already provided trace and log files by e-mail. and here is the trace file print.

2017-04-10 10:02:43:494 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
              2017-04-10 10:02:43:494 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              2017-04-10 10:02:43:504 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              2017-04-10 10:02:43:506 Multiple properties with same name were found: Type(NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.MarketAnalyzerColumns .IndicatorMarketAnalyzerColumn) Property name(PDEX_InputUI)

Thank you.

Hello aligator,

Sorry to hear the issue was not resolved, I unfortunately do not have further information. I'll let Shawn know the issue is not resolved as well and he'll follow up as soon as he's available.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                Dear Support,

Any chance someone can help with this Market Analyzer error. Trying to add an "Indicator" column to Market Analyzer generates an Unhandled error (see 1st post) and crashes the program.

No problem in safe mode, and NT8 re-Install did not help. Already provided trace and log files by e-mail. and here is the trace file print.

2017-04-10 10:02:43:494 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                2017-04-10 10:02:43:494 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                2017-04-10 10:02:43:504 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                2017-04-10 10:02:43:506 Multiple properties with same name were found: Type(NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.MarketAnalyzerColumns .IndicatorMarketAnalyzerColumn) Property name(PDEX_InputUI)

Thank you.

Hello Support,

Was this issue resolved as I'm having the exact same problem when trying to add an "Indicator" column to Market Analyzer? I get the exact same error message as above. Works in Safe Mode only?

Appreciate your assistance

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Thank you for your post.

I am not seeing this behavior on my end.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
                  Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TraderYoda View Post
                    Hello Support,

Was this issue resolved as I'm having the exact same problem when trying to add an "Indicator" column to Market Analyzer? I get the exact same error message as above. Works in Safe Mode only?

Appreciate your assistance
                    Also getting this error but did not realize it was probably from Market Analyzer.

Hopefully NT8 v7 fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by JMont1 View Post
                      Also getting this error but did not realize it was probably from Market Analyzer.

Hopefully NT8 v7 fixes it.
                      In my case it was an indicator causing the problem. The indicator was not compatible with Ninjatrader version 8.0.7.0

Comment

Originally posted by TraderYoda View Post
                        In my case it was an indicator causing the problem. The indicator was not compatible with Ninjatrader version 8.0.7.0
                        @TraderYoda, my indicators seem NT8 v7 OK but they are traditionally chart indicators. I have them on the DOM.

Comment

I am getting this error too, tried repair install. I am using latest NT8 version.

Comment

Combine this problem with the problems of market analyzer total realized profit row resetting itself to zero after a trade is complete and still connected to IB. And the problem of market analyzer throwing exceptions when adding tickers to the analyzer by double clicking in the instrument row and typing in the ticker name. Looks like a major re-write of the market analyzer code is in order. How did this ever escape beta or the last RC???

Comment

Glad I still kept NT7 on my computer. I'm using market analyzer on that now, no problem adding an indicator column, runs fine. I have no clue how this issue went totally undetected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NRITV
                              by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes