Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing Trades in OptimizationFitness

2 questions:

a) can I access the underlying trades OnCalculatePerformanceValue in an optimization fitness script? The AllTrades property seems to be empty when I step through it in the debugger. (it wasn't always that way was it?)

b) StdDev in TradesPerformance object is represented on a per unit basis which doesn't help me as I'm looking for the stddev of the trade profit in currency. I was trying to calculate it myself (see a) above) but I can't figure out how to access the underlying trades.

Hello,

The OnCalculatePerformanceValue() is called in the script and allows you to set the value. Behind the scenes NT will call this method when performing the individual backtests to generate a performance rating for ranking for each test.
    (For example you could get a print for each optimization in the output window)

If you are asking if you are able to access this from VisualStudio, this would be outside of what I am able to support.

Attached is an example that loops through the trades and prints these to the output window.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
      When I step through each OnCalculatePerformanceValue() call, the strategy.SystemPerformance.AllTrades collection isn't always populated. I believe this is a bug. Can you confirm you are seeing the same thing? I've attached the fitness method which prints to the output screen the details.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GrumpyTrader; 04-09-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Hello GrumpyTrader,

I was able to reproduce and I have reported the behavior to our development.

Thanks for reporting the behavior.

Once I have a tracking ID for this report I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Hi GrumpyTrader,

I have received a tracking ID for this behavior where not all iterations are appearing when the Optimization Fitness is run.

For future reference, this behavior is being tracked with ID #NTEIGHT-11564.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes