Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaps in Data

Hi

I am very new to Ninja Trader. Just downloaded 8.0.5.2 last week. I have been working with Ninja Script and want to develop a strategy using Ninja Script. I am currently using the sim data provider.

I was working with it last night 04/10/17. I noticed a gap in the chart between 04/06 and 04/10. It only seems to capture the data only when the program is active. I tried to get it to load the missing data, but it keeps telling me to connect to the data provider even though it is connected to the sim provider.

Is this a limitation with the sim provider? Will switching to a paid data provider like Kinetic help?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

Gaps are a bit of an issue with Ninjatrader - particularly if you are in a different timezone to Eastern Standard Time. I have them every morning when I switch on my computer - I'm in London, UK.

What I do every morning is choose "Historical Data" from the tools menu. Click the Load Tab. Select the instrument (or instrument list) you require and hit the Download button. Takes a few minutes to get all the Minute, Day and Tick data for around 20 instruments. Go make a coffee and its done by the time you're back - that's my daily ritual.

I usually grab 2 sessions-worth of data every morning just to make sure nothing is missing. Its worth loading all the instruments you use into an Instrument List - that way you can just get all the data rather than individual instruments.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am in the US. Central time zone, we also go on and off daylight savings time.

Forgot to mention that the instrument I have been using is YM 06-17. It is set to Range 5.

I tried various options for loading data last night. Nothing seemed to work, and one of them told me to connect to the data provider. I was connected to the sim data provider at the time. I've been looking around at the forums and the NT documentation online, and I'm wondering if my connection is not configured correctly.

Basically I'm missing all of last Friday and most of Monday.

Thanks

Jerry

Comment

Hello jrk1963,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thanks Chris Sch.

I will do this as soon as I can.

Thanks

Jerry

Comment

Chris Sch.

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. No need for you to spend time trying to fix something that is not broken.

Thanks

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
              Gaps are a bit of an issue with Ninjatrader - particularly if you are in a different timezone to Eastern Standard Time. I have them every morning when I switch on my computer - I'm in London, UK.

What I do every morning is choose "Historical Data" from the tools menu. Click the Load Tab. Select the instrument (or instrument list) you require and hit the Download button. Takes a few minutes to get all the Minute, Day and Tick data for around 20 instruments. Go make a coffee and its done by the time you're back - that's my daily ritual.

I usually grab 2 sessions-worth of data every morning just to make sure nothing is missing. Its worth loading all the instruments you use into an Instrument List - that way you can just get all the data rather than individual instruments.

7 years on and problem is still not fixed.
              Every other day seem to waste a couple of hours because my data is missing and gaps from when I stopped and switched off last night. This is rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by Sarocen View Post

7 years on and problem is still not fixed.
                Every other day seem to waste a couple of hours because my data is missing and gaps from when I stopped and switched off last night. This is rediculous

I had similar issues around that time as well. I think there was some sort of limited data load associated with the Break at EOD bar properties feature.

Is this happening on any chart? What ever the EOD setting is, test using the opposite setting.Then select reload all historic data for that chart.

RJay
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                115 responses
                1 like
                Last Post kevinenergy  
                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                1 response