X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Global Drawing Object drawn

Hello,

I am struggling to find this answer.

Suppose i draw a drawing tool on chart and set it global by "Attached to all charts" from its property. We see drawing tool immediately appear ( drawn ) on all open chart of that instrument ( quite basic to understand ). But i need to know what (internal ? ) methods are invoked to draw the drawing tool automatically on other chart apart from one on which it was manually drawn. I experimented heavily and could not found any clue and it seems even OnRender method is not invoked for this. Can any one assist me on this ?
    Devdas
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Devdas

Hello devdas,

Thanks for writing in.

It is currently not possible to create a global drawing object from within NinjaScript. We are tracking interest for this feature, so if you would like I can submit a feature request for this on your behalf.

Before we do so, you may want to look into creating your own drawing tools and adding logic that utilizes AttachedTo or IsGlobalDrawingTool.

AttachedTo - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...attachedto.htm

IsGlobalDrawingTool - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erence_wip.htm

Could you provide some more information with describing exactly what you would like to accomplish?

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello devdas,

Thanks for writing in.

It is currently not possible to create a global drawing object from within NinjaScript. We are tracking interest for this feature, so if you would like I can submit a feature request for this on your behalf.

Before we do so, you may want to look into creating your own drawing tools and adding logic that utilizes AttachedTo or IsGlobalDrawingTool.

AttachedTo - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...attachedto.htm

IsGlobalDrawingTool - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erence_wip.htm

Could you provide some more information with describing exactly what you would like to accomplish?

I look forward to your reply.
      Hello Jim,

I am not looking for how to draw global drawing object from ninjascript.

How a drawing object is drawn on other ( all ) charts at the moment when its attribute is set global from its properties ? What seems me that drawing objects are some how internally drawn on all chart bypassing even OnRender() method ? They seems to be using only Anchor's time value to draw them
      Devdas
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Devdas

Comment

Hello devdas,

Thanks for the reply.

Global drawing objects are placed on new charts through internal logic that is not openly available. I will not be able to shed much light on this matter for you.

The OnRender() method is an override that will allow NinjaScripts to place additional logic to be processed by the actual OnRender() call. I am not sure what steps you have taken to observe what is being executed in OnRender().

Perhaps if you provided me a detailed description of your end goal, I would be able to provide further insight.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes