Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index CFDs trading from Futures Chart

Hello,
    I tried already to search the forums about this, but did not find a proper solution.

I have CME Emini Futures data subscribed from Continuum and would like to trade according Interactive Brokers CFDs from the chart.

How do I have to configure my instruments in Ninjatrader so I can be connected to Continuum (for the futures data) and to Interactive Brokers (for oder execution)?

Both connections are working fine, I can also load futures data or CFD data in the chart, but I can not set it up so I have futures data in the chart and trade the CFD instrument.

Hello Phaseshifter,

Thanks for your post.

To accomplish this, you would need to connect to your Continuum account and then your IB account. Then select your IB account in the account drop down box.

If you are using connect on startup, this will connect to your accounts in alphabetical order.

In the below example your Continuum will connect first because it is first alphabetically:
    • "aaa" - Continuum account name
    • "bbb" - Interactive Brokers account name

In the account selection area, select your IB account to ensure your orders are sent to your IB account.

You can change the account name's accordingly to ensure that when connect on startup is enabled for both accounts, the desired account will connect first.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ShawnB!

Thanks for your fast response. I think I did not describe my problem properly.
      I would like to trade a different instrument (CFD) from the original Futures chart.

For example, I have Emini Dow Future in the chart (YM 06-17 - price coming from Continuum) and the instrument traded should be US30 CFD (IBUS30 - sent to Interactive Brokers).

I guess I will have to make a new instrument with proper mapping? But I am unsure how to handle this.

Comment

Hello Phaseshifter,

Thanks for your reply.

These instruments are @US30 and @GER30 in NinjaTrader.
        Here is how to add an instrument to your default instrument list.

• Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
        • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the 'add' button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
        • Click the magnifying glass icon to show the instrument search window.
        • Search for GER30 or US30 and select the instrument in the search results you would like and click OK to add this instrument to your list.
        • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice and can be chosen from that list when creating a new chart or SuperDOM.

Comment

Hello Mr. Shawn B

I do not want to add instruments to list etc.

In short: chart "YM 06-17" should trade @US30 CFD.

Long explanation in my previous post(s)

Comment

Hello Phaseshifter,

Thanks for your reply.

You could try copying the symbol mapping for the @US30 and use this as the symbol mapping for the YM.

In Tools > Instruments > Search for US30 and click Edit > locate the symbol mapping for your connection and copy the symbol.

Now, go back to the Instruments window and search for YM and click Edit > locate the symbol mapping for your connection and paste the symbol you copied earlier in this area to overwrite the previous symbol. Click OK to save your changes. Then Restart NinjaTrader.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

would this work if the @US30 was to be traded on FXCM instead ? (off of a YM chart)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post manitshah915