Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection yellow, green only after repeated attempts

Hello,

When I start Ninhatrader 8 for Interactive Brokers, the first one or two attempts to connect stay at yellow status. I must disconnect and reconnect once or twice and then the connection will go green. Please see the attached screenshot.

I saw as similar post here, but there was no solution in that ticket. I will send logs if needed.

Thank you,

Libor
    Attached Files

libroc, thank you for posting!

Please answer the following questions so that I may assist further.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You may check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0).

What build of Trader Workstation are you running? You may check this under Help > About Trader Workstation (Example: Build: 960.2g).

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

There is no error, the connection indicator simply stays on yellow until I disconnect and reconnect once or more times. The log has no error entries relative to connections, only one log entry says "Interactive Brokers Primary connection: Connecting". This only happens at the first connection after the launch of Ninja Trader.

the version is 8.0.0.14 64-bit (Standard) - Release Candidate 2
      Trader Workstation: Trader Workstation Copyright © 2000-2017 LICENSOR to Interactive Brokers ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Build 965.0l, Apr 17, 2017 5:10:19 PM Jolt Build 1.7.4, Apr 12, 2017 03:18:55 PM Nia Build 2.13.1, Mar 2, 2017 12:42:48 PM ModelNav Build 1.5.2, Feb 20, 2017 12:07:41 PM Riskfeed Build 2.23.2, Apr 6, 2017 09:51:16 AM Java Version: 1.8.0_60, OS: Windows 10 (amd64, 10.0), Memory: heap max 683Mb, current 143Mb

Thank you,

Libor

Comment

Thank you for providing the necessary information, liborc.

I see that you're on an older version of NinjaTrader 8. The version that you're running is a beta version which at that point in time had many bugs which are currently fixed. In addition, you're running a newer build of Trader Workstation than the one we support. This means that we have not tested the build you have of Trader Workstation, so there could be some unknown issues.

I would advise that you upgrade NinjaTrader 8, and then use the supported build of Trader Workstation to troubleshoot.

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
        1. First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        2. Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Enter your license key and press Submit
        4. Select 'NinjaTrader 8' if you are on NinjaTrader 8
        5. Select 'Download'
        6. Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed

Lastly, please install the supported build of Trader Workstation by seeing the following connection guide link:

Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulties while running NinjaTrader 8 with the Interactive Brokers connection.
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Riley,

Thank you, I will need to do this later in the week and will reach out to you in this thread in case I still encounter some issues.

Thank you for your swift help, best,

Libor

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
          2 responses