Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Connections

Hi,

First time posting here. I have a situation where I have two sub-accounts under my name and I want to trade live NT8 strategies on them simultaneously. The NT8 technical support told me via email I could do this with a single NT license.

However, in practice, after I set up connection with one account, I cannot seem to connect with the second. NT8 pops out the error message saying "Provider 'NinjaTrader Continuum' already has a running connection. There can't be more than one connection to 'NinjaTrader Continuum' at any given time. (Panic)"

My broker is Dorman. Can anyone tell me if there are work around? Was the NT Brokerage Support right and if so, how to correctly set this up? I do notice the below link does say NT8 supports multiple connections but did not elaborate how.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

It would be possible to connect to multiple data providers in the Platform, but many data provides such as NinjaTrader Continuum only allow for one instance of the connection to be running at a time. Your broker may be able to consolidate the accounts into one connection, however. I would recommend contacting your broker at Dorman for more information.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Drew. It seems the reply on this forum is much faster and more professional compared to the Brokerage Support email.

I asked NinjaTrader Support to set me up with the second sub-account particularly for simultaneous run on the same machine. They told me I needed a second login credential for the additional sub-account to be able to do this and I asked them to set it up as well for $10 per month. So this really does not help since I am not able to do two login connections at the same time, right?

Now what should you advise? Convert the two sub-accounts back to one single login and ask Dorman to consolidate them?

Best

Comment

It seems as if there was a miscommunication at some point as to what you were actually trying to accomplish. Please look for a recent email from the Brokerage Support Team - this should address your specific inquiry directly.

Comment

NinjaTrader_DrewO,
          With NT8 & a multi broker NT license can I connect to 2 or more different Rithmic accounts?

Comment

It is not possible to connect to two Rithmic connections in the same instance of NinjaTrader simultaneously.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse