8.0.6 Chart Rendering Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.6 Chart Rendering Error

Been awhile since I've seen a D2D error.. Any ideas what might cause this error?

2017-04-19 07:12:16:120 Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.OnRender: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget.GetPixelSize()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Direct2DForm.RecalculateYAxi sLabels(ScaleJustification scaleJustification, RenderTarget renderTarget)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Direct2DForm.RenderInit()
    2017-04-19 07:12:16:121 ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

I've got pretty extensive debug code in all my scripts now, and this did not come from that.. This was only error after loading a workspace with 5 charts having 11tabs each (each tab being separate instrument and each chart separate dataseries).. Totaling 33min chart tabs, 11 tick chart tabs, 11 tick replay chart tabs, all with about 1/2 dozen indys, and 1/2 of which add secondary dataseries.. So over 300 indicator instances..

All in all pretty good.. I was lucky enough to get a pre-release of this v8.0.6 because of issues in 8.0.5 and can say that this is finally the first release that shows strong promise.. Although I did not experience this error in the pre-release and actually haven't seen this type of error in a very long time..

Attached Files
    -=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Hello Edge,

Thanks for opening the thread.

The error in the log indicates that the null reference exception is being thrown from NinjaScript. I would advise to begin troubleshooting the workspace to find out where the issue is coming from.

As a first step, I would recommend duplicating the workspace and removing all of the indicators. If the error no longer appears, I would then suggest to re add your indicators one by one testing with each addition to see which indicator is throwing the issue.

If you are still receiving the error after testing without any indicators, I would then suggest to recreate the workspace to further diagnose where the error is coming from.

Please let me know if you are still able to reproduce the error after performing these steps.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      The error in the log indicates that the null reference exception is being thrown from NinjaScript. I would advise to begin troubleshooting the workspace to find out where the issue is coming from.
      If it were only so easy..

Closed and Opened NT again several times without issues..

I'll write it off as one of those erroneous errors...

-=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
      1 response