Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK broker options?

HI

Im in the UK and it seems that we have only three brokers we can use ?
    FXCM, Gain and Interactive Brokers.
    None of these support guaranteed stops ?

Is there any further development on some more choices ?

anyone heard of a MT4 bridge or has anyone used one?

Seems that if you want more choice chart entry could be done on MT4

Hello fredfred123,

Thank you for your post.

MT4 does not offer a supported interface for the NinjaTrader platform. As a result, it would not be possible to execute trades from NinjaTrader to this type of account.

For international traders, NinjaTrader will support spot forex trading with Interactive Brokers, and FXCM. We mainly support GAIN Capital for US accounts but it may also be possible to open an account as a UK resident. Of these three brokers, Interactive Brokers will support server-side OCO. Is this similar to what you are looking for as a guaranteed stop?

You can find more information about where orders reside with each of our supported brokers at the link below:
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

"For international traders, NinjaTrader will support spot forex trading with Interactive Brokers, and FXCM. We mainly support GAIN Capital for US accounts but it may also be possible to open an account as a UK resident. Of these three brokers, Interactive Brokers will support server-side OCO. Is this similar to what you are looking for as a guaranteed stop?"

Yes I think server side OCO is a must as I cannot see how a guaranteed stop loss could work?

FXCM does not have this and I am uneasy why FXCM require a Letter of direction disclaiming all liability in using Ninjatrader as well as no Guaranteed stop or server side OCO.
      Interactive brokers are a nightmare to use and not recommended unless you are an expert trader, and Gain hasn't got back to me on some basic questions and I don't believe they use server side OCO and want a $10,000 start up deposit.

So in the UK all we have is some third party connections unsupported by NinjaTrader and thats it ?

Is there any progress with anything else such as IG Brokers or do I have to do resort to market entry outside of Ninja Trader ?

Comment

Hello fredfred123,

Thank you for your reply.

At this time, Interactive Brokers is the only broker for the NinjaTrader platform that will support server-side OCO for forex trading.

Feel free to contact us if you are ever in need of support.

Comment

I have been extensively looking at interactive brokers website and there is no mention of any Ninjtrader support.
          Tried all the numbers for support and no one is picking up phones.
          This doesn't seem a way forward.

Is there no possibility for support for IG brokers for UK users ?

Seems if you want Guaranteed stops and server side OCO here in the UK there is no usable support.

FXCM does not provide the option of Guaranteed stops or server side OCO, and require you sign over a Letter of Direction absolving them of any responsibility of you using Ninja Trader because they did not develop it.

But there again FXCM provide the Kinetcik feed and the default platform and integration for Ninja in UK, but entirely at your own risk. I imagine if a trade goes wrong OCO not met what the answer would be.

With little or no choice here in UK the option is to have Kinetick feed (fxcm) for data, and use NT for analysis and enter trades using a web connection to IG or similar ?

Are there any moves to open up the broker choice soon ?

Comment

Hello fredfred123,

The interface between NinjaTrader and FXCM does not currently provide server-side support for OCO orders. This means OCO functionality will reside locally on your PC and would only function while NinjaTrader is running and connected to your brokerage account.

IG Markets does not offer a supported interface that would allow you to execute trades from the NinjaTrader platform. If you would like to utilize NinjaTrader for market analytics and then place trades from IG Markets' platform, you can subscribe to a dedicated data provider like Kinetick:
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD; 04-28-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
              Hello fredfred123,

The interface between NinjaTrader and FXCM does not currently provide server-side support for OCO orders. This means OCO functionality will reside locally on your PC and would only function while NinjaTrader is running and connected to your brokerage account.

IG Markets does offer a supported interface that would allow you to execute trades from the NinjaTrader platform. If you would like to utilize NinjaTrader for market analytics and then place trades from IG Markets' platform, you can subscribe to a dedicated data provider like Kinetick:
              Hi Christopher

OK, does that mean that if I subscribe to a dedicated Kinetic data feed I can place trades through Ninjatrader, sorry it seems there is a contradiction here?
              I can execute trades from Ninjatrader using Kinetick with IG Markets?

Thanks
              Cliff

Comment

" IG Markets does offer a supported interface that would allow you to execute trades from the NinjaTrader platform. "

Just phoned IG markets and they are unaware of any supported interface with the Ninjatrader Platform ?

Regards

Cliff

Comment

Hello fredfred123,

My apologies: there was a typo in my last post. What I meant to say is that IG Markets does not offer a supported interface for the NinjaTrader platform. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

OK

But I can say its a sorry state of affairs that a really good platform offers such limited support and choice for brokers you can use outside of US

IG for instance said they would be interested in support for NT but have never been approached.

Comment

As far as I can see, would I be correct in saying that there is no support for UK brokers that offer server side OCO or Guaranteed stop losses.

The Guaranteed stop loss is important as Ninja trader looses connection for some reason during a trade, the stop loss would not be met.

Can you tell me if there are any moves to offer more support to uk for broker choice?

Comment

Hello fredfred123,

As we discussed previously on this thread, NinjaTrader will support server side OCO orders with Interactive Brokers. As I understand, Interactive Brokers would be able to offer spot forex trading accounts for residents of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                          Hello fredfred123,

As we discussed previously on this thread, NinjaTrader will support server side OCO orders with Interactive Brokers. As I understand, Interactive Brokers would be able to offer spot forex trading accounts for residents of the UK.
                          Interactive Brokers do not offer a guaranteed stop loss, so in the UK there is no support for this ?

Comment

Hello fredfred123,

NinjaTrader will support forex trading with Interactive Brokers, FXCM, and GAIN Capital. You may find a full list of supported brokers, including stocks and futures brokers, at the link below:
                            NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Comment

We seem to be going round in circles.

This is the conversation I have had with Gain Capital/Forex.com.

Ira: Hello cliff, and welcome to FOREX.com UK. May I have your User ID (Account Number) or email address to better assist you?
                              cliff: HI, its cliffxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
                              Ira: Thank you for your information, how may I assist you?
                              cliff: I unerstand forex.com is Gain capital?
                              cliff: The reason for this quesion is because Ninjatrader can interface with Gain Capital and therefore would ask the same. If Ninjatrader can interface with Forex.com?
                              Ira: Forex.com is retail brand of GAIN Capital, correct.
                              Ira: Yes, Forex.com offers NinjaTrader accounts.
                              cliff: OK, what is the mininimum deposit and do you support serverside OCO orders?
                              Ira: We do have OCO orders, and the minimum deposit is $50/£50/50 €, depending on the account base currency.
                              Ira: I am sorry, Ninja Trader accounts are in USD only at this time, I apologize.
                              cliff: May I clarify, Gain/Forex.com do not support Ninjatrader in UK ?
                              Ira: Not at this time. For now we only offer NinjaTrader for US accounts.
                              cliff: Many thanks for your help

So it seems your information is incorrect?

The choice of Brokers with Ninjatrader is limited to FXCM and Interactive Brokers, the latter want a $10000 opening account. So if you haven't that sort of money to play withthen you are forced to use FXCM who do not offer serverside OCO or Guaranteed stops.

So the answer to my question is
                              As far as I can see, would I be correct in saying that there is no support for UK brokers that offer server side OCO or Guaranteed stop losses.
                              The answer would be:
                              You can have server side OCO support with interactive Brokers if you have $10,000 deposit but there is NO support in UK or other than USA for Guaranteed stops.

So the affordable only broker you can use is FXCM with no Guaranteed stops available.

The next question I asked that you avoided was.

Can you tell me if there are any moves to offer more support to uk for broker choice?

Can you answer this please?
                              Last edited by fredfred123; 05-05-2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post LawrenHom  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post love2code2trade