Data Server & Instrument List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Server & Instrument List

I'm trying to add a Nasdaq Index, the Bank Index. On Yahoo and Google it is ^BANK. I'm fine paying for it but can't find a ninjatrader supported data provider that carries it, at least they don't show it on their lists of instruments.

I tried adding Yahoo and Google both with the ^BANK in the mapping for each respectively.I can pull this up on Yahoo finance but not via ninjatrader.

I get the error, "NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available"

I can't seem to find a master supported instrument list for NinjaTrader.

I'm wondering if I can even add it to Ninjatrader at all if it's not on some specific list??

Can I only ever add instruments that are on some master list?

e

Hello everetts,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaTrader Continuum would not support that index. You can find details on the supported indexes at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/CQGSupportedIndexes

I found that Kinetick supports this index under the symbol mapping of BANK.X.

Who do you connect to for data in NinjaTrader?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I should clarify that I don't want to trade these additional instruments, just be able to chart them, such as nasdaq sectors, ^Bank being one of them. I tried the Kinetick EOD data and mapped it to the symbol BANK.X and used exchage as Nasdaq, it showed instrument not available on the NinjaTrader data server.

Yep, knew cqg didn't have it. That's my connection.

I saw that on kinetic but its an add-on to their basic subscription and it gets too costly for cqg and kinetic+..

So is it safe to assume that if a datafeed provider has it, I can signup to receive it?

I really only need ^BANK and ^TYX and not 500 instruments, so if you have a better alternative I'm all ears.

I'm concerned that your data server may not support an instrument I want to add; is there a list of what your data server instruments are?
      Last edited by everetts; 04-25-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Hello everetts,

Thank you for your response.

You can get the BANK.X through Kinetick EOD. Keep in mind Kinetick EOD would only provide data for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly charts - so charts for Minute or Tick based intervals will not show any data.

Please refer to the attach screenshot "BANK" for how to set up the BANK index. You can see the BANK index working on a Daily chart with Kinetick EOD in the "CHART" screenshot attached.

You can find the symbol mapping for Kinetick instruments at the following link: https://kinetick.com/Help#!Help_SymbolSearch

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes