Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error after downloading version 8.0.6.1 (Standard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error after downloading version 8.0.6.1 (Standard)

Hi this morning i downloaden the new version. but aften restarting my indicator script is not functioning anymore. I get this error: Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f0y8pu

This indicator script was working on version 8.0.6.0. and i downloaden the script from your sharing indicators. Do you know what i can do to resolve this?

Hello MichaelAlexander

Thank you for your post,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:

Open NinjaTrader
    From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I found these errors: i dont know what to do with this. screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f0yi7o
      When i try to open the file with right click > open is does not open?

Comment

''In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
        In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
        This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :''

I am sorry. but when I press ''Tools'' I can not find ''Edit NinjaScript''? Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f0ypy8

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry for the oversight, those steps for NinjaTrader 7. Please see below instead.

The compile error you are seeing in the NinjaScript Editor indicates you are missing references to .DLL files in your installation or the .DLL files do not exist in your installation. Please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

From the Control Center please select New--> NinjaScript Editor
          In the NinjaScript Editor please right click and select References.
          In the Reference window look for the .DLL file reference in the compile error by name (in the error the file name has a .cs at the end)
          If you see the .DLL file reference please left click on the reference and select Remove
          If you removed the reference in the previous step or you do not see the .DLL file reference then please select Add
          The Add option will open a File Explorer, from the path that was opened please locate the .DLL file
          If you find the .DLL please left click to select it and then select Open--> then select OK in the References window--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> select Compile
          If you do not find the .DLL in the File Explorer please close the File Explorer and References windows--> then navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom on your PC--> and delete the .cs file referenced in the compile error--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> Compile

If you need assistance with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.

Comment

Ok, Tks. I came to the dll files but I am afraid to do things wrong. I am not an IT professional. Is it possible that someone could help me with this?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your phone number and a good time frame to reach you so we can assist remotely (please include time zone).

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

I send you an email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi