Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

8.0.6.x - Old Multi-Instrument Bug Reintroduced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.6.x - Old Multi-Instrument Bug Reintroduced?

EDIT 2: It seems it happens on and off, and is definitely still an issue. However, I still can't reliably reproduce it but it seems to occur after connecting and then disconnecting data connections (I use Barchart and IQFeed).

EDIT: Potentially disregard, I restarted NT and the problem seems to have gone away and I can't reproduce it anymore. Will update if it comes back.

Seems like this bug might have been reintroduced as stuff is running on secondary bar series behind-the-scenes again, causing problems with printing and other custom methods:

When running a strategy on just GLD (which adds a secondary SLV series for calculations only), I see the following (should not see ANY SLV prints at all):

Shutdown [Strategy-GLD] [Stats] Total P&L = $78,443.42 / 78.44 % | CAGR = 7.25 %

Shutdown [Strategy-SLV] [Stats] Total P&L = $62,249.84 / 62.25 % | CAGR = 6.02 %
    Last edited by wuileng; 04-27-2017, 01:23 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I wanted to check, do you have a sample of the logic being used for the prints currently or a way to show the results you are getting?

Being that this is happening infrequently we would likely need to find a way to better isolate what the cause is. If you could create a sample for testing this issue, we could certainly look further into it.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Basically what I have is a two instrument strategy (where only one instrument is used for trading, and the other just for the use of the price series).

Everything is called from within OnBarUpdate (including prints), which starts with a if (BarsInProgress != 0) then return. I have a custom print method in a partial class (equivalent of NT7's UserDefinedMethods) which automatically adds stamps to any prints (which include the time, strategy name and Instrument.MasterInstrument.Name) so there really shouldn't be any notice of the secondary instrument as it is only referred to using Closes[1][x].

I understand there's not much you can do if the error isn't easily replicated so just ignore this for the time being and I'll repost if I can isolate the problem. However, would just like to flag that this is still happening intermittently (and is fixed upon restarting NT8), and maybe some other user who has experienced it can help too.

At the moment though, If I had to guess, I would say it might have something to do with connecting/disconnecting to my data vendors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ryjoga