Connect VPS to Twitter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect VPS to Twitter.

Hi I am trying to connect NT8 to Twitter on my VPS. It works on my desktop but it does not on my VPS. Is it possible to activate this?

It stops here on my VPS:
    Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f1ct1y

Hello MichaelAlexander,
    Can you please clarify if your VPS has any extra added security or antivirus protection?

Comment

I have just the Standard windows protection I think. Where can I find this?

Comment

You can click on the start menu and begin typing 'firewall'. The top result should either be 'Winodws Firewall' or any custom firewall/antivirus program that you're using.

What version of Windows is your VPS running? You can check this by opening File Explorer > Right-click on 'This PC' > Properties. You should see a window like the one in the screenshot below:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

EDIT: I've just tested the Twitter share service from a Windows 10 virtual machine without issue.

Can you translate the error message you're seeing into English?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-28-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Hi

I only have an Windows firewall: Screenshot:http://prntscr.com/f1v7hp

I have an Windows server 2012 R2 standard. Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f1v6oi

In my screenshot of twitter its not an error message. Its translated: ''You will be send back to the application''. but this does not happen it stays without doing something.

Comment

Can you clarify - if you close the window with the message in it and view the Share Services screen in NinjaTrader, what does it state? Do you see 'connected'?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

If not, please try disabling Windows Firewall temporarily to see if this allows the connection to complete without issue.

Comment

''Can you clarify - if you close the window with the message in it and view the Share Services screen in NinjaTrader, what does it state? Do you see 'connected'?''

No. It stays the same. screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f2uue5

''If not, please try disabling Windows Firewall temporarily to see if this allows the connection to complete without issue.''

Also when I disable the Firewall It does not have any effect.

Comment

How long did you let the 'you will now be returned to the application' screen remain? A few minutes at a time? Or for several hours?

As I am not able to reproduce the issue on my end, it is difficult to say what the root of the issue is. The only troubleshooting I can recommend at this point is a completely clean installation of NinjaTrader. This is not a guaranteed fix, but is the last resort to eliminate any local NinjaTrader files from contributing:
                • Close all running applications.
                • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                • Then manually delete the folder 'NinjaTrader 8' located under Start> My Documents.
                • Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. (This can be done by going to Start> My Computer> Search button> search for: NinjaTrader* > select Local C Disk and then press 'Search'.
                • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                • Reboot your machine.
                • Once these steps are completed, download NT8 from the link below.
                • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

If this test fails, then it is something unique to your system or perhaps Twitter which we have been unable to identify.

The compatibilty of Twitter share service with Windows Server 2012 is unknown.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                172 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80