Sound files disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound files disappear

I have alerts that have been working for some time. All of a sudden today the alert message
    is displaying but the sound file does not play. I started debugging. The sound file is there, Ninja just does not see it anymore. I reference the sound file just by name and they are all placed in the sound file directory. I have seen this behavior before. My next step will be to completely specify the address in the code but that is a pain. I would appreciate any input as to what is going on here ? Is there any way or place the directory can be changed.

thanks
    Jerry

Let me add, I put the file name as used originally in alert into a Playsound() and it generated a Host of errors and crashed ninja I then added the complete address of the Sound file directory and it works fine. ie. na = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\Sounds\";
    Such that the name in the alert is @na+"SoundFileName"

Is there something corrupt in my install ?
    Last edited by JerryWar; 04-28-2017, 01:38 PM.

Hello Jerrywar,

There are two ways you could reference the sound file,

Code:
    Alert(@"ss", Priority.Medium, "", [B]@"C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\sounds\CompiledSuccessfully.wav[/B]", 0, Brushes.Transparent, Brushes.Red);
    or,

Code:
    Alert(@"ss", Priority.Medium, "", [B]NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir+@"\sounds\CompiledSuccessfully.wav"[/B], 0, Brushes.Transparent, Brushes.Red);
    It looks like there was a change to Alerts in version 8.0.6.0 according to the release notes, perhaps this was the reason for the change in behavior.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If the behavior is due to other changes in alerts please request they restore the direct access to the sound file directory or better yet implement a user parameter that can be used to set the Sound file directory. while the solution works it is not user friendly. Further, there was no warning the sound file could not be found, there should be and in the case of the PlaySound it totally crashed Ninja.

Thanks
      Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Could you please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and attach the log and trace files for the day in subject which you can find in My Documents>NinjaTrader8>Log and My Documents>NinjaTrader8/Trace folders.

I look forward to your email.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses