Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bool property issues in Optimization

Hi
    in strategy analyzer setting, I have several bool properties.
    In standard backtest it looks like this:

When I switch to Optimization mode - strange things happen:
    • Bool checkboxes are hidden (without being clear, what is their value. I found out from results of optimization, that they have value False = what means my settings are just disabled)
    • 1 strange thing - I see, that one checkbox in Section 2b1 was changed into select box with options True / False / Optimize. This happens only for first one and only checkbox - what is quite strange. As all checkboxes are coded the same way, I would expect consistent behavior for all checkboxes - so they are visible too = not hidden

Expectation of correct behavior:
    All Bool properties in Grid should be switched to selection-box, after switching from Standard Backtest to Optimization.

Problem is, that it does not happen - only 1st checkbox is correctly changed,
    and all others are simply missing.
    This inconsistent behavior happens, despite all properties are coded in the same way. (I provided file in attachment, that show, how all properties are coded:
    OneBigCandleStrategy4_Properties.cs , so you can confirm it)

This problem completely blocks any optimization work, because all custom settings are effectively disabled (hidden checkboxes have value False).

Note1:
    [Browsable(true)] - does not help at all. The same problem still, even if all properties are Browsable.

Note2:
    I use NT8 v8.0.6.1 64-bit on Windows 10
    Attached Files
    Last edited by misova; 04-30-2017, 12:48 PM.

I noticed when I tried to install this strategy that it uses custom NinjaScript. One of the specific messages I received was

Line: 10
    Column: 26
    Message: The type or namespace name 'AddOns' does not exist in the namespace 'NinjaTrader.Custom' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Code: CS0234
    Line 10's contents are as follows, every character after 26 bolded by me.

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New] using NinjaTrader.Custom[B].AddOns.Algoritmix.OpportunityFramework.Shared.Fa;[/B][/FONT]
    So that we are able to use your code for testing on our end I have made several annotated changes to your script and have attached a version that will work on our systems to this post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 05-01-2017, 11:26 AM.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Tracking ID: NTEIGHT-11621
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I can confirm it is not compilable.
        I sent you only the part of the strategy with defined Grid Properties, so you can more quickly test it on your own.

But I see, you already did it and it was reproduced successfully
        Thanx.

Comment

I have more information about this behavior. The ability to use a property name such as "Enabled" more than once is being tracked as the feature "SFT-1611" . Whether a bug or a feature, behaviors in NinjaTrader are prioritized based on user demand and impact.

Please review the code at the bottom of the example I have (re)attached to fully understand what is occurring. We are happy to answer any questions.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response