Exported excel files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello misova,

Given the exported format of the file you uploaded on 8-1 gives me no issues when I try summing the column, it could be your version of MS Excel you are using.

What version of MS Excel are you using?

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Alan,

Micrsoft Office 2016 (365) .

Comment

Hello akvevo,

I would like to schedule a support call with you to look into this further.

Please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

I look forward to our support call.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am seeing the same inconsistencies here - No matter whether I export from NT in Excel native format or I export in CSV, all the dollar-value columns such as Profit, Cum. net profit,MAE and so on are not seen by Excel as numbers and therefore cannot be used for any calculations.

This is true even when attempting to convert them to numbers with Excel formulae such as VALUE().

I am using Excel 2010 and NT 8.0.17.2.

Was this issue resolved?

Comment

This is a limitation as changes to this cause other problems such as formatting integer values as DateTime. For reference, we're tracking this internally as "10102" and "8376"

Comment

Originally posted by ntuser2017 View Post
              I am seeing the same inconsistencies here - No matter whether I export from NT in Excel native format or I export in CSV, all the dollar-value columns such as Profit, Cum. net profit,MAE and so on are not seen by Excel as numbers and therefore cannot be used for any calculations.

This is true even when attempting to convert them to numbers with Excel formulae such as VALUE().

I am using Excel 2010 and NT 8.0.17.2.

Was this issue resolved?
              I just run some tests and it turns out, if I switch my Windows Region and Language settings from United Kingdom to United States, I am able to perform calculations on the dollar-value columns on the CSV exported file (but not on the Excel one).

I don't believe non-US users are expected to switch their regional settings to be able to use Excel and NinjaTrader together - am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                This is a limitation as changes to this cause other problems such as formatting integer values as DateTime. For reference, we're tracking this internally as "10102" and "8376"
                Hi Patrick thanks, please see my latest post about Regional Settings.

Comment

It sounds like you're not experiencing the same symptoms this thread was originally referring to if your region switch resolves the symptom. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                  • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                  • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                  • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2199452 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                    It sounds like you're not experiencing the same symptoms this thread was originally referring to if your region switch resolves the symptom. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2199452 ATTN PatrickG
                    Thanks Patrick,

As far as my issue is concerned, I do have a workaround now, although it would be good if NT could resolve the issue long-term.

Can you confirm that that users misova and akvevo are US-based ? If not (meaning, if they are not US based), it may be that they have not tried to switch settings too.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have that information, however, I can confirm that we were able to reproduce the symptoms they experienced with US region settings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Rapine Heihei