Auto enable strategy when log in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto enable strategy when log in NT8

Is it possible to enable automatically the strategy when I log in to Ninjatrader?

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/f2uvae

Hello MichaelAlexander,

Thank you for your post.

There is no function to allow the strategy to automatically enable on start up of the platform.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Is this something that can be added

Hello there! To me, this is by far the most important thing I can think of when trying to keep a nearly 100% uptime.

As it is today, I cant host the machine for more than 2 weeks without having to restart and log back in. Which has caused me lots of missed trades.

There are too many times I have come back to my hosted machine to see ninjaTrader either closed or not seeing new bars over the weekend. this happens for a lot of reasons, but the typical method to fix this is to simply restart it.

In its stead is there any suggested method to host ninjaTrader 8 that is more stable? having a startup switch in the EXE, or a checkbox on the strategy would be fantastic.

Unless there are better ways to host ninjaTrader8 than on a windows machine?

Comment

Hello Pugbof,

Thank you for your post.

I muse note it is not recommended to run your automated strategy unattended.

Concerning the disconnects and closing of the platform can you send us you log and trace files as well as detailing the last time you saw this occur?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888