Global Drawing Objects on Tick Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Drawing Objects on Tick Charts

Global Drawing Objects don't work very well with Tick Charts. Which isn't surprising since the X-Axis on a Tick chart varies and therefore there is no fixed time between bars.

I'm guessing there's not much that can be done about this; unless anyone has any suggestions? Alternatively, is there a any way to exclude Tick charts from Global drawing objects? Or remove them somehow... I tried deleting the drawing off the Tick chart and also changing the attachment settings on the tick chart, but it removed it from all charts.
    Attached Files

Hello reach4thelasers,

Thank you for your post,

You are correct, this would expected behavior due to how the tick charts function.

Global drawing objects can be excluded on tick charts by right clicking > Data Series > under Visual > Price Marker, uncheck the box for "show global drawing objects." Select the lower right "preset tick > save" so these settings will be used going forward for tick charts.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome!! You guys thought of everything!!!

Comment

While I'm on the subject of global drawing objects.... When I move a Global drawing object, it moves in realtime on all associated charts. Its a extremely sluggish at 4K resolution and makes drawing a pain. The thread on the drawing window seems to be blocked while the drawing is moved on the other windows making drawing a bit jerky. Is there any way to disable the realtime aspect? It would be better if the drawing was sent to all other charts when I'm done drawing.

Comment

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. It is not possible to disable the real-time aspect. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
          Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alright, well there's an issue with this feature at high resolutions that should be investigated and fixed. I get up to 1000ms of lag when dragging drawing objects that are being re-drawn on another screen.

Comment

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. Please email us at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, referencing this post by copy and pasting the URL from your browsers address bar.
              Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
              Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes