Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in price between chart and SuperDOM

Hi support.
    When data is coming in fast, I am experiencing a lag between the price on all my charts (5 in all) and the price on the DOM.
    I have seen it multiple times, but tonight I manage to get a screenshot of it happening.
    The largest difference I did see was 9 points and assume it's the DOM that shows the correct price, but I'm not sure.
    I have two data feeds - Kinetick and Continuum (through Dorman trading).
    The attached picture shows NQ, but it's the same on ES.
    It's like the chart just can't keep up with data coming in.
    I have checked my antivirus - and both NT 7 and 8 are excepted (not scanned) in the virus scan engine.
    Can we fix this somehow...?
    Attached Files

Hello caløjn,

Thank you for your post.

Please right click in your chart > select Data Series > select Trading Hours > set to 'Default 24/7' > OK. Does this correct the chart?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi Patrick - I will check that first thing tomorrow and let you know.

/Torben

Comment

Originally posted by caløjn View Post
        When data is coming in fast, I am experiencing a lag between the price on all my charts (5 in all) and the price on the DOM.
        Check CPU usage in Resource Monitor. When it exceeds a certain point, I will begin to see out-of-sync behavior on various windows, notably Chart, MarketAnalyzer, and SuperDOM. At its extreme, the lag will render some windows unresponsive. When that happens, disconnecting will demonstrate "dieseling" behavior: the windows should cease all visual activity since no data are incoming, but yet they continue to update for several minutes.

Comment

@PatrickH. Thursday and Friday RTH did not cause any issues. It worked okay.
          @Tradesmart. Thanks for the heads-up on that one. I do not experience abnormal memory usage - approx 2 GB from a 64 GB pool. NT7 use about 3 - 4 GB, but then it also become unresponsive for seconds at a time when data is coming in fast. I will try your method next time I experience the lag.

Comment

Hello caløjn,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files by going to Help > Email Support. Please include 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello caløjn,

We did not receive your log and trace files. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email..
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
                I have this issue as well. NT8, Version 8.0.18.1, 64-bit. After disconnecting from the data feed, the chart kept printing for a few more minutes.
                I tried changing to Default 24 x 7 to no avail.
                What do I do next?
                Thanks!

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Please follow the steps below to manually send your log and trace files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so I may investigate this matter further.
                  • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                  • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email..
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Originally posted by aaadetos View Post
                    Hi Patrick,
                    I have this issue as well. NT8, Version 8.0.18.1, 64-bit. After disconnecting from the data feed, the chart kept printing for a few more minutes.
                    I tried changing to Default 24 x 7 to no avail.
                    What do I do next?
                    Thanks!
                    Same here. Maybe NT can provide a solution here and not personally.

Comment

This thread is years old and not active. Please contact us via email for troubleshooting.

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Thank you for sending in the files.

Can you advise what instrument and periods type this occurred on? Was this the NG 03-19?

Can you detail the time this occurred as well?

Please test a new workspace with no third party add ons and make sure all other workspaces are closed by going to the Workspaces option on the Control Center and selecting close on any active workspaces.

I look forward to the results of this test.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes