Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

demo account showing trades

Hi

I am creating strategies within NT8 but whenever I enable a strategy it shows me as having a long position open with 2 lots.

within the strategy I have got it displaying data on the screen and it shows the following
    instrument="EURUSD" account="Sim101" avgPrice=1.08949 quantity=2 marketPosition=Long statementDate="1800-01-01"

I do not know if this will affect my strategy when it runs but I would like to be able to close this order, but cannot find how to do it.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for your question fishbed.

Orders that exist for your strategy before it was turned on are virtual orders. In order to prevent these from becoming real orders, you can have your strategy wait until it would be in a flat position before starting. I recommend syncing (in this case, automatically flattening) your account position to your strategy position once your strategy is flat. To do this, when you set up your strategy, you can change your Start Behavior to either "Wait until flat" or "Wait until flat, sync account" .

Now that we have eliminated the possibility that your strategy will place long positions on start-up, if you would like to flatten your account position manually, you can visit the Positions tab of the control center, right click, and select flatten everything. This will, among other things, close the order you mentioned. If you can not get this order to close this way, you will need to visit Tools -> Database Management, and reset your database. I recommend before doing this making a back-up copy of your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file so you can review your trades after resetting.

Now that we have ensured that both your account and strategy are flat before your strategy can place any trades, you may use the Connections -> Playback Connection, or New -> Strategy Analyzer, to test your strategy while reviewing your strategy's logic to determine why it is in a virtual long position before starting.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post spwizard  
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes