Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible bug in NT8

Hi there
    I test a strategy and I set SL and TP to fix values and on live account it works properly but when I made some optimizations the trade target value is set to 3 but in trade list is taken like is 4
    Please analyze the following image
    Best regards

Thank you for your reply forallatlantis. It looks like the image you mentioned did not post to the forums.

It will be easier to answer questions about strategies not producing expected results if we could answer as many of the following questions as possible. Could you take a few minutes to review these questions? I am happy to explain further any of the below questions and the rationale behind asking them.

• Do you see expected results when running the same test environment on the SampleMaCrossOver strategy in NinjaTrader with a 3 and 14 period?
      • By expected results, I mean that the SampleMACrossover places trades whenever a 3 and 14 period SMA cross
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Are you connected to your data feed provider when running this test?
    • What instrument(s) (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?
    • What Data Series Type have you selected? Example: Tick, Minute, Day
    • What From and To date is selected?
    • Is your strategy a multi instrument or multi time frame strategy?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We understand your time is valuable. One thing you can check on your end is to ensure that your clock is in sync.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
      • Shutdown NinjaTrader
      • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
      • Select Adjust date/time
      • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
      • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
      • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
      • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
      • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      1 response
      0 likes