Time delay from forex.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time delay from forex.com

Can someone tell me what is the time delay with the data from forex,com?
    Thanks

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. Can you elaborate on your question so that I may further assist you? I look forward to your reply.
    Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I first connected to the forex.com data feed there was a popup saying something about a minute and a half delay with the data. If that is true I don't see how anyone could be successful trading forex that way.
      I may have misunderstood what was being said.
      My question is this. Is there a time lag between the actual market and what we get on our charts?

Comment

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. Please email us at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, referencing this post by copy and pasting the URL from your browsers address bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlti View Post
          When I first connected to the forex.com data feed there was a popup saying something about a minute and a half delay with the data. If that is true I don't see how anyone could be successful trading forex that way.
          I may have misunderstood what was being said.
          My question is this. Is there a time lag between the actual market and what we get on our charts?
          Good Question Marlti !

Comment

It would be interesting to see the reply because this subject is of a big concern as stated.
            Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. If you are seeing this message, please email us at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, referencing this post by copy and pasting the URL from your browsers address bar.

Comment

I spoke with someone from Forex.com and he said the lag is milliseconds. So that should not be a problem.
                Although this morning I took two trades in the practice account and both times the price went through my profit targets multiple times before it got filled.
                Is this normal?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.Please email us at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, referencing this post by copy and pasting the URL from your browsers address bar.

Comment

It is happening again today. The price bars are going through my profit targets and not filling the order. Also a stop loss got filled without the price even touching that level.

Comment

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. Please email us at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, referencing this post by copy and pasting the URL from your browsers address bar.

Comment

I got your email and did all the steps you recommended. I'll let you know if it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

It did not fix anything. On every trade the price bars go through my first target with out filling. This is on the practice account but why would a sane person trade a live account when this is happening?

Comment

Hello Marlti,

Thank you for the reply, at this point if the issue is still occurring I would like to take a closer look at what is causing this.

To do so I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files in conjunction with your database.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to check 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.

Please reference the URL for this post in your email.

Additionally you may also reply to the email we had been discussing this topic on with the same information.
                            Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes