Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to connect multiple IB accounts in NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect multiple IB accounts in NT8?

Hi,

I have a Margin account with IB which is connected and working with NT. I would like to open up a TFSA account with IB and also connect it with IB so I can switch between accounts in order management and trade both from the same NT instance.

The problem is I'm not sure if I can create a linked TFSA account in IB (linked to my Margin account), or if it MUST be un-linked. On the NT website (http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide), it says that "Note: Interactive Broker “linked accounts” are not supported".

Can anyone confirm that this line is still true (I don't know when that guide was written)? Or if there is any workaround? Just curious if anyone here with experience doing the same can provide any insight before I start creating accounts and such.

FYI I called IB about this, and they said it's fine one their end but better check with NT.

Thanks!

I can confirm that linked Interactive Brokers accounts are not officially supported in NinjaTrader 8.

With that said, you can connect multiple supported Interactive Brokers accounts to NinjaTrader. To set this up please see the instructions below.

In order to do this you must manually start Trader Workstation (TWS) multiple times for each account first, then connect with NinjaTrader since the auto startup functionality does not work with multiple logins.
    • Manually start TWS from the desktop. If you have two accounts start TWS up twice with each account logged in.
    • When TWS has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value.
    • Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username.
    • Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.
    • In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.
    • Connect in NT using File > Connect, you will do this twice for both account connections.

Here is the Interactive Brokers connection guide:

Comment

Thanks. So I will have to create a second IB account separate with a different username from the first.

I actually use the IB gateway instead of TWS to connect to NT. Will I be able to connect multiple supported accounts using IB gateway?

Comment

Yes, this can also be done using Gateway.

Comment

Hello,

How many individual Interactive Brokers accounts can I connect to NT8?I currently have 2 and would like to add a third.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Philip Smith,

Can you please start a 3rd instance of TWS first and provide a unique value for the Socket Port setting so it is different than the Socket Port value for the two IB accounts that are already connected. Create a 3rd IB connection in NinjaTrader and enter the same Socket Port value as the 3rd TWS instance. Subsequently connect at Control Center-->Connections.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            115 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
            1 response
            0 likes