Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool

There are multiple threads on this from the past but this feature has still yet to be implemented. Right now, both horizontal line and free-angle ray drawing tools exist but it would be extremely useful to have a horizontal ray tool. For example, for marking new levels that are only valid into the future. This is an exceedingly simple feature and there's really no reason why it shouldn't be implemented in the next release. Even if it's something like having to hold the shift key when drawing a normal ray to keep it horizontal, it would be extremely useful. Thank you for your consideration.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'm happy to submit this to the Development team as a Feature Request. Feature Requests are considered as possible changes, or additions in this case, to future releases of the platform.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I edited the line tool just last week to accommodate this. Replace the attached file in the drawing tools folder in Documents/Ninjatrader 8/../..

Then draw a ray, line, arrow or any other type of line with the shift key held and it will be constrained to horizontal

Comment

Where would you put this for NT 7?

Thanks

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm not at all Familiar with NT7, so I can't help. It was very easy to implement though, it took less than 5 minutes to figure it out. Here's the code that does it, from the OnMouseDown method on the drawing tool:
          Code:
          else if (EndAnchor.IsEditing)
          {
          	dataPoint.CopyDataValues(EndAnchor);
          	EndAnchor.IsEditing = false;

if (Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key.LeftShift) || Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key.RightShift))
          	{
          		EndAnchor.Price = StartAnchor.Price;
          	}
          }
          Basically "If the left or right shift key is pressed, make the End Anchor equal to the start Anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
            I'm sorry, I'm not at all Familiar with NT7, so I can't help. It was very easy to implement though, it took less than 5 minutes to figure it out. Here's the code that does it, from the OnMouseDown method on the drawing tool:
            Code:
            else if (EndAnchor.IsEditing)
            {
            	dataPoint.CopyDataValues(EndAnchor);
            	EndAnchor.IsEditing = false;

if (Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key.LeftShift) || Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key.RightShift))
            	{
            		EndAnchor.Price = StartAnchor.Price;
            	}
            }
            Basically "If the left or right shift key is pressed, make the End Anchor equal to the start Anchor.
            Thanks reach4thelasers, I can't seem to find this in NT 7, Maybe not available in this version
            If one of the Ninjatrader support team knows how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes