Ninjatrader 8 and WinXP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 and WinXP?

Is there a way to use v8 on a Windows XP computer? Is Net Framework 4.5 the only thing that stands in the way?

No, in addition, Microsoft dropped support for Windows XP and Server 2003 on July 14, 2015 resulting in updated certificates not being supplied. NinjaTrader also no longer supports these operating systems and it is recommended to upgrade to a supported operating system.

See the link below for more details. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=83885

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the manual install security certificate with Ninjatrader 7. Will it also work with Ninjatrader 8?

I have no plans to change from WinXP, especially after I tried Win7 and saw what a poc it was. I'd be disappointed if Ninjatrader became completely unusable with Windows XP. I've read that in 2015 there still were 250,000,000 users of WinXP. Surely some of them must be Ninjatraders.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The Security Certificates would not have an effect on this item, as NinjaTrader 8 requires Microsoft .NET 4.5, which is not available on Windows XP.

More information available publicly at the below link:

.NET Framework 4.5 and Windows XP Problem You need to install the .NET Framework to run many apps on Windows, such as tax filing apps and games. The .NET Framework comes from Microsoft and is updated by Windows Update. Partial Solution The .NET Framework 4.5 and later versions are not supported on Windows XP,
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jbclem View Post
          I'm using the manual install security certificate with Ninjatrader 7. Will it also work with Ninjatrader 8?

I have no plans to change from WinXP, especially after I tried Win7 and saw what a poc it was. I'd be disappointed if Ninjatrader became completely unusable with Windows XP. I've read that in 2015 there still were 250,000,000 users of WinXP. Surely some of them must be Ninjatraders.
          POC? Have you tried Windows 8? That is a POS.

Windows XP is several years out of any security update. You really need to unplug the machine from the internet.

Comment

POC...I was trying to be nice!

So, you think that I and the other 250,000,000 WinXP users should unplug from the internet? Imagine what you must feel about the Windows 2000 users (I was one of them until a year ago).

BTW, I don't have security problems, and it's been 3 years since I even saw a virus on my computer(s).

Ninjatrader_DrewO, thanks for the NET 4.5 link. That's interesting detail to know about. There are people who got NET 4.0 to work in Windows 2000 (and I used their modified(wrapper) dlls for that also), perhaps they'll be able to figure out how to get NET 4.5 to work in WinXP..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus
            by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            1 response
            0 likes