Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading equities with the SuperDOM

Hi
    About a couple of months ago, I posted the following question regarding the SuperDOM:

I've now come back to this point but I don't understand why I can't see more than one level in the SuperDOM. In the NT8 youtube demos I've seen the users just load up the superdom and the information is there in the ladder. However I can't see any of the depth for beyond the first level as you can see in the pictures in the above thread (I'm showing the market depth and the ladder for the equity).

I'm a bit new on Ninjatrader and don't quite understand the explanation given by one of the CS reps.

Could someone please clarify?
    Regards,
    iq

Hello iq,

Thanks for posting.

If you right-click within the SuperDOM and select 'Properties', what value is entered for the "# of market depth levels" setting?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello iq,

Thanks for posting.

If you right-click within the SuperDOM and select 'Properties', what value is entered for the "# of market depth levels" setting?
      Hi Drew, The value is set to 10.
      Thanks,
      iq

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

My apologies, I overlooked in the first post that you were using Equities instruments. This would be expected behavior, as only Futures market depth would be available through the SuperDOM. With Equities and Forex, the Level II window must be used.

Comment

What is the reason that only futures are supported? It seems utterly bizarre. For example on the following link:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

your company shows the DOM and claims to allow stocks and forex trading and yet you're saying stocks are not supported in the DOM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

To clarify, Equities can be used with the SuperDOM window, but market depth would not be available. You can use the Level II window to view this data with Equities instruments. The Level II window can be opened under New -> Level II. More information at the below link:

Comment

Well thanks.

I'm disappointed that all you've written is the instructions to creating the window picture I had already pasted in the other thread and evaded answering my question as to why equities market depth is not supported in the DOM!!

I don't understand why its a secret!

Comment

iq200,

I'm happy to follow up with the Development team to gather further information on why market depth in the SuperDOM is only available with Futures. I will post any information available here.

Comment

Thanks Drew. I will very much appreciate it.

Comment

iq200,

Thanks for your patience.

I have followed up with the Development team who has mentioned that it would actually require different logic on the backend of the platform to handle Level II data for Equities, and while there has been little demand for this feature, I have added your feedback regarding this item.

Equities Level II data comes from multiple exchanges and can be at the same price. For this feature to work in the SuperDOM, logic would be required to grab the data and merge it together to total it. However, we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding this item and the Development Team will consider this as a possible addition in future releases of the platform.

Comment

Hi Drew,
                      Thanks for coming back on the SuperDOM.
                      The reason for the low demand in my opinion may be due to the fact that Ninjatrader is not being pushed as an equities trading platform. Most people perceive NT primarily as a futures platform because it caters wholely for futures traders. Its a shame since a few features that are not present would make Ninjatrader more complete. After all, its in your company's interest to do this - you're only going to get more users and thus more revenue!
                      Thanks,
                      iq

Comment

Broker Config needed for Equites Level 2?

I'm running Free NT with data from IB but no broker configured.
                        Level 2 window (not DOM) shows no depth for equities.
                        Is the broker config needed for this?
                        Thanks.

Edit: I do have Level 2 subscription from IB, and have entered ARCA as both "ARCA" and "ARCX" as Tracked Market Makers, but still nothing.
                        Last edited by tokyonoleo2; 06-12-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

tokyonoleo2,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170612.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Drew,
                            I appreciate the quick response and offer to help.
                            Trace files have been sent.
                            Thank you very much,
                            TNL2

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                            3 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post PaulMohn  
                            Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM