Get data from Google Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get data from Google Finance

Hi, now that Yahoo connection is not working anymore. I am trying to get the same information for American Simbols like AAL "American Airlines" from Google but it seems that in NinjaTrader 8, simbols labels do not work same as NT7.

If I put only AAL on Google textbox on Ticket configuration. It collect prices for "Anglo American plc" which simbol is LON:AAL.

if I try to use NASDAQ:AAL it mark error on price data recovery. If I try to use the method used on NT7, creating Instrumen with the name AAL and putting NASDAQ on Google textbox and Exchange Nasdaq, it marks error to. Then I do not know how to configure this.

AAL, American Airlines Group, Inc., is configured in NinjaTrader by default. The correct mapping and exchanges are already configured to get this data from Google. No custom mapping is necessary.

When I test this on my end when connected to Google, I get a valid price for AAL (44.65 for yesterday)

Can you clarify - did you create a custom instrument, or are you using the built-in AAL instrument?

Comment

Hi Patric. I clear almost all instruments of my installation and now I need to recreate all them.

Comment

The best way to restore default instruments to NinjaTrader would be to reset your instruments:

NinjaTrader 7:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

NinjaTrader 8:
        • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
        • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
        • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
        • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Comment

Thank you Patric, it Works.

Do you know if Yahoo connection was permanently close or Yahoo will activate it again soon?

Comment

All relevant information is being discussed in this thread:

Comment

Google Finance Trading Symbols

I too am struggling to convert to Google Finance since Yahoo Finance made major changes in their API.

My most immediate problem is with two specific trading symbols.

I can't get the call to the function Googlefinance() in Google Sheets to return data for American Tower Corporation (AMT) and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).

I track about 200 stocks and get data back for the other 198.

For AMT, I have tried entering the symbol as AMT and as NYSE:AMT.
              For ETP, I have tried entering the symbol as ETP and as NYSE:ETP.

Both types of ticker symbol calls return no data.

Does anyone out there know how to access those two equities in the function Googlefinance() in Google Sheets?

What is also really interesting is the if I just access AMT on the Google Finance website, it returns normal data, but If ask it to give be historical data for AMT it downloads a file which is empty except for the column headings. It sounds related.

Hope someone has some idea.

metsci

Comment

I can't find Google feed in the list of available connection in NT8.

Comment

Hello tjendra,

Thanks for posting.

The Google connection type is no longer supported in NinjaTrader. The following link detail the supported data feeds in NinjaTrader 8:

NinjaTrader supports multiple futures market data and brokers providing access to trade futures, stocks, and more. Download NinjaTrader for FREE to get started!

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                  Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes