Trendlines between time based and renko charts not matching up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendlines between time based and renko charts not matching up

So when i draw a trendline on 1 chart for 6E, i have the setting on that it will draw that trendline on all my 6E charts that i have up, however they are not matching up and when i draw a trendline on the 15 minute chart for example, it is giving me an incorrect trendline on my renko chart. I have attached 2 charts to show you what i mean. Your help in finding a solution would be much appreciated,

harry
    Attached Files

Hello Harry,

Can you please double click the line to open the Drawing Objects window and check the Start & End - Time & Y values in both charts. Am I correct these are the same? Drawing objects are drawn as per the Time and Y values in charts and unfortunately can appear different when comparing different chart intervals.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Harry,

Can you please double click the line to open the Drawing Objects window and check the Start & End - Time & Y values in both charts. Am I correct these are the same? Drawing objects are drawn as per the Time and Y values in charts and unfortunately can appear different when comparing different chart intervals.
      The end time of the renko chart is 15 minutes later, but they are the same start time.

Comment

So, in theory, are the chart levels im seeing on my renko chart incorrect?

Comment

The end time can differ if the line was drawn into the future. Time is not time stamped the same between the 2 charts. The 15 Minute chart time stamps every 15 minutes a price bar. This is unknown for the renko chart as renko bars are not bound by time (tick based).

No, I am not saying data in your renko chart is incorrect. The line is drawn as per the Time and Y values. Because the two chart intervals create price bars in different way, the line can appear different.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes