Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge difference between charts

Good morning,
    I am writing you because I am trying to pass on NT8 from my actual platform but I have some issue with charts.
    I have configured exactly the same (both mine actual platform and NT8 and both with with a demo charts) but the charts are completely different.
    I am posting you a screenshot so you can see what I mean.
    I am posting the 2 configuration parameters as well so you can see that are exactly the same.

How do I do in order to get the same chart on NT8 as well?

Thanks for your kind help.
    Fabio.

Ps: I just posted one of the markets I am trading, but I've got the same problem on all of those.
    Attached Files

Hello mezzo89,

Thank you for your post.

Who do you connect to for data in NinjaTrader 8 for Forex? Who do you connect to in the other platform for Forex data?

If you right click in the NinjaTrader 8 chart and disable 'Break at EOD' > OK, does this correct the charts?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I am using Lmax in both platform.

I tried to disable break EOD but there is no difference.

What I noticed is this:
      The Xs and Os figures in NT8 are not created in "real time"; I can see the price moves up or down and after a while Xs or Os has created (it seems to be a small lag between the price and Xs or Os)

Thanks again for your help.
      Fabio.

Comment

Hello mezzo89,

Thank you for your response.

Lmax would not be a provider in NinjaTrader. Please go to Connections > Configure > select your named connection in the Configured section > at the 'Credentials' section what is the name of the connection technology? For example: 'Credentials - Kinetick' or 'Credentials - FXCM'

Point and Figure bars build the Xs or Os each time price moves, a new X or O box will be added to the bar when price moves more than the Box size, warranting the addition of another box. For more information please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tAndFigureBars

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Hello Patrick,
          sorry, I would mean FXCM.

I know that Xs or Os are created after the completion of each box, but I noticed that even though the box is completed, sometimes Xs or Os are not being created as fast as the box completion.
          Other things I noticed that are really weird are the following:

A)This morning when I opened up my platform (NT) the charts was differents from yesterday (please find attached the first 2 pic that corresponds to the same chart with the same parameters of yesterday but with different bars showed)

B) I have installed 2 NT into 2 different PCs and, even though the configuration is the same on both PCs, the charts are different.....

C) I think there is something wrong with the trading hours because I've got the vertical line positioned in the wrong place (please find attached "trading hours")

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
          Fabio.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello mezzo89,

Different Forex providers will have different data as they use different markets for their data. However, the data in both NinjaTrader installations that connect to FXCM should match.

In the FXCM connection you have the option to use the NinjaTrader Historical Data server or not. Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center on both PCs and then go to Connections > select your FXCM connection in the Configured section > verify the setting for 'NinjaTrader historical data server' is the same in both platforms.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello Patrick,
              I confirm you that the option is the same on both PCs, so enabled.

Comment

Hello mezzo89,

Can you provide a screenshot of the chart from each installation of NinjaTrader?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes