Multiple work spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple work spaces

Hi, Is it possible to have more than one work space open. For example, one work space on 2 monitors and a second work space on 2 other monitors?
    Or if not perhaps multiple instances of NT8?

Multiple workspaces can be open, but only one workspace can be viewed at any time. You can quickly switch between open workspaces by using the hotkey 'SHIFT+F3'. Here is a link with more information about NinjaTrader 8 workspaces:

it is not possible to run multiple instances of NinjaTrader 8 on one PC.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Multiple workspaces can be open, but only one workspace can be viewed at any time. You can quickly switch between open workspaces by using the hotkey 'SHIFT+F3'. Here is a link with more information about NinjaTrader 8 workspaces:

it is not possible to run multiple instances of NinjaTrader 8 on one PC.
      Is this still not possible?
      I want to open NQ workspace on monitor one and ES workspace on monitor two.
      Shifting using the hotkey 'SHIFT+F3' all the time is driving me crazy and does not work as I need to constant monitor the two markets as I am a discretionary, not automated trader.

Or should I put all the charts and the 2 DOM's in one workspace and spread it over 2 monitors?
      Last edited by marcus2300; 04-19-2024, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for the messages.

Simply set up your ES Windows on one monitor and then put all of your NQ Windows on another monitor all within One Workspace and save it.

Your workspace is able to be composed of multiple instruments and windows at the same time. It is not limited to a single instrument.
        • So, instead of separating all of the instruments of each type onto their own workspace, combine the various windows and instruments into one.

If you want an example, go to the Control Center > Workspaces > Default Workspaces > Click "Futures"
        • This is an example Workspace that comes with the platform as a demonstration for new users. You will notice that the Market analyzer in there has multiple instruments selected within it.

Finally, the "Name" you choose for your workspace doesn't have any effect on what the underlying workspace can do or what instruments are able to be placed in it.
        • By naming it "NQ" it doesn't mean the workspace will only let NQ charts be in there.
        • You could call the Workspace "My favorite workspace", So, the name is just a name.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear
        by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        8 responses