Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8.0.6/1 issues

Hello,

There appears to be a number of issues with this latest update.
    1. On some bars where I have a Draw.Arrow signal, instead of 1 arrow I get 2+.
    2. I have charts on several tabs. Sometimes when I open a tab, my plots have stopped updating since the last time the tab was opened, and it can take 30Sec+ to update unless I force the update by pressing F5.

I would appreciate someone at NT looking into this.

Thank you.

Hello GeorgeW,

If you amend your code to include under (State == State.SetDefaults),
    Code:
    		IsSuspendedWhileInactive					= false;
    Your indicator plot should continue to plot as if it were on the selected tab.

Please see the following section of our helpguide,

Would you please be able to provide a sample script along with instructions with how to replicate more than 1 arrow being drawn on a specific bar when that would not be expected?

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding AlanP.

I have tested a simplified script and I am not getting the double arrows there. I think the problem on my main script may be the way I have used a secondary series or the way I have used "else if". I will take a further look at the code to see if I can find the problem.

Comment

Hello,

The problem with the multiple arrows appears to be because of using a secondary series in the indicator. I have reduced the conditions to one if condition, and I am still getting multiple arrows. This behaviour did not occur in the previous version of NT8, so something appears to have been changed in NT8.0.6.1
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello GeorgeW,

Would you please be able to provide the sample script you can reproduce this on?

If you'd prefer to email the script, please email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread and the indicator.

I look forward to your reply.
          Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

George
            In OnBarUPdate() if you are not segregating your processing by BarsInProgress you can get the same code executed multiple times when each data series is updated. This can occur on what looks like the same bar, if the close of that bar ( assuming you are processing on Bar close ) just happens to be the simultaneous close of the other series bar.

Comment

Hello AlanP & JerryWar,

JerryWar's solution just fixed it. Thank you.

On another matter, what is the easiest way to pass in a unique tag into a draw object so that only the last 5 unique dots, lets say, are shown on the chart at any one time, rather than passing in + CurrentBar which will create a new draw object each time the condition is met and retain them all?

Comment

Sounds like you want to create a rotating cue of draw tags. Maybe create an array of 5 tags. The first element in the array index = 0 is your first tag , index = 4 is your last. On each new draw object increment the index to the next tag if the index is > the end of the array ( > 4 ) then reset to the first draw tag ( index =0 )

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH