Linking Market Analyzer with Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Market Analyzer with Chart

Is there something special I need to do to link market Analyzer to a chart?

I have KineTick EOD Data open, Market Analyzer has the Dow 30 List, I selected the Color Red for the Link option. Then on the Chart I also selected the Color Red for that Link option. When I click on an Instrument Symbol in the Market Analyzer the Chart does not change to the Symbol I selected. Confused.

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170529.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew,
      I Uninstalled NT8 and deleted the MyDoc / NT8 folder before I read you post. Foolish on my part. I did read through the trace logs and there was an error but I do not remember the code. No help there. I reinstalled NT8 this morning and created another workspace with just a Market Analyzer and One Chart and linked them.
      All is working as expected.

Software installed before the linking issue:
      I imported a few addons and indicators into NT8. I will try to determine which ones and repeat to see if I can cause the problem again.

Only software I installed after installing NT8 was VS 2015. I don't see that being an issue.

Comment

Hello TAJTrades,
        I would recommend adding the indicators and add ons one by one in a fresh Environment to determine if a certain indicator or add on is displaying this behavior. There is also a chance that the last Market Analyzer became corrupted or the Workspace became corrupted within your last installation of NinjaTrader. If this is the case then NinjaTrader will work as expected with the add ons and indicators.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby