Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How migrate workspace to another laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How migrate workspace to another laptop?

How migrate my existing workspace with all the settings and indicators to another laptop?

Hello caltrader,

Thank you for your post.

To transfer all of your connections, settings or custom NinjaScripts, I would recommend creating a backup, transferring that file to your other PC then restoring settings after installing NinjaTrader. You can use a flash drive to transfer the backup file from one computer to the next.

Backup & Restore

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:

1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Export and the menu item Backup File...

2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear

3. Select the items you wish to back up

4. Press the "Export" button

Copy the backup file to a flash drive or email it to yourself to have access to the backup file in the new computer.

1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item

2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window

3. Press the "Restore" button

4. Select the items you wish to restore

5. Press the "Import" button

You will now be presented with a status bar indicating the estimated time and progress of the import.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Creating a Backup Archive

Restoring a Backup Archive

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would plug a USB stick into the old laptop, go to Documents/ Ninjatrader 8/ workspaces and just copy the workspace folder to the USB stick then plug that USB stick into the new laptop and copy the contents of the folder to the same workspace folder on the new laptop.
      Tasuki
      p.s. looks like Shawn beat me to it. His answer is probably better, but mine's faster.
      Last edited by Tasuki; 05-31-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
        Hello caltrader,

Thank you for your post.

To transfer all of your connections, settings or custom NinjaScripts, I would recommend creating a backup, transferring that file to your other PC then restoring settings after installing NinjaTrader. You can use a flash drive to transfer the backup file from one computer to the next.

Backup & Restore

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:

1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Export and the menu item Backup File...

2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear

3. Select the items you wish to back up

4. Press the "Export" button

Copy the backup file to a flash drive or email it to yourself to have access to the backup file in the new computer.

1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item

2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window

3. Press the "Restore" button

4. Select the items you wish to restore

5. Press the "Import" button

You will now be presented with a status bar indicating the estimated time and progress of the import.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Creating a Backup Archive

Restoring a Backup Archive

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Hi Shawn,

I tried doing export/import to move my workspace and all other stuff and it imported but at the end there was an error for a file that it could not move. When I close and open NT8 on my new laptop nothing is transferred from the original workspace backup

Comment

Originally posted by vpatanka View Post

Hi Shawn,

I tried doing export/import to move my workspace and all other stuff and it imported but at the end there was an error for a file that it could not move. When I close and open NT8 on my new laptop nothing is transferred from the original workspace backup
          I tried importing with some of the stuff deselected on the import wizard keeping only Workspaces and a couple of other items and it imported okay.

The only thing that I still haven't figure out is I had some custom strategies under Documents/Ninja Trader 8/bin/Custom/Strategies which I copied over from my old laptop to the new laptop at the same path and I can see them in Ninjascript Editor. However when I right click on a chart -> Strategies to enable one of my custom strategies on the chart my custom strategies don't show up on that form.

What do I need to do to have my custom strategies accessible from the chart -> strategies menu? Please let me know

Comment

Hello vpatanka,

Can you compile the scripts without any error in the NinjaScript Editor?

Are there are errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center when opening the Strategies window?
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello vpatanka,

Can you compile the scripts without any error in the NinjaScript Editor?

Are there are errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center when opening the Strategies window?
              I think one of my scripts had an error. I am now able to see my custom strategies on Chart -> Strategies menu so I am good to go. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
              Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ender_wiggum