Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240m chart doesn't start at midnight

Hi,

I am looking at CL using Kinetick market data, and the 4h chart starts at 2 AM instead of midnight. Compared to TradingView which has it's 4h chart begin at midnight, mine looks totally different as a result. I'm concerned that I'm looking at something entirely different than everyone else due to the fact that my 4h bars are calculated from 2-6,6-10,10-2 rather than 12-4,4-8,8-12,12-4. In my chart, my data settings are 24/7 instead of <use instrument settings> because during memorial day weekend I wasn't able to get any live data during Asia markets and such until I changed it to that.

Is there any way to get the calculations at the correct intervals, starting at midnight? I'm assuming that is the universally correct interval.

Another question - I have TSX data from IB, and Kinetick for NYMEX. I connect to Kinetick first, and I get my NYMEX data, but then I can't use my TSX data from IB. It just uses the Kinetick EOD data I believe. NT8 doesn't appear to know which market feeds to pick from which connections based on where the subscriptions are. Is there any way to resolve this (without switching all my market data subscriptions to Kinetick as it's much more expensive)?

Thanks!!

enzo

Hello enzo_,

Thank you for your note.

What time zone is your PC set to? On the Control Center under Tools > Options > General > Preferences > what is the Time Zone set to here?

There is no means to set which provider provides which data specific to the exchange or subscriptions of one provider or another. The only options are those under Tools > Options > Market Data > General > Preferred Connections, historical and real-time.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi,

The timezone is mountain time -7 (my time zone). I set it like that early on not realizing the repercussions. If I change it to Eastern and reload the historical data, will it be accurate?

Thanks,

enzo

Comment

Hello enzo_,

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, if you change to EST -7 and restart, this should then account for the time difference.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        3 responses