Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add drawing tools to top menu bar

Hey fellas -
    I've just started playing around with NJT 8 so please bear with me if this has already been asked...
    Can I add any of the drawing tools to the top menu bar? Right now, I have to drill down into the pencil and select them or just remember to use the hotkeys. Is there an out of the box option to add them to the existing menu bar?
    Many thanks

Hello PN720,

Thank you for your post.

You could download an indicator on our Support forum that will add drawing tools to the toolbar of your chart, available at the below link.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts. To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu tools > import > Import NinjaScript
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
    Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

• Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response, Shawn.
      I was able to get it working although it looks like it's pretty buggy (i.e. some tools don't work like the diamond or clear all, tools stop working when window is resized).
      Instead of relying on this indicator, can you add it to the feature request list to make it standard functionality instead?
      Many thanks.

Comment

Hello PN720,

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

PS. I just found out why some of the other chart markers didn't work. It's because of the Nvidia GeForce experience that's installed with my laptop. They use the same shortcut keys for some of the chart markers (i.e. Alt F5 for diamond, Alt F8 for triangle). The only ones that worked were the un-mapped ones like Arrow Up and Arrow Down.
          I uninstalled GeForce experience and now all my chart markers work, including the ones with that custom indicator.
          Just thought I'd add this for anyone searching for a solution.

But, it looks like there is still a bug within NJT 8 where if you collapse the window so the indicators will have to be accessed with the More icon, they don't work. If you expand the window so you can see them all across the top, they work.
          Last edited by PN720; 06-09-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PN720 View Post
            PS. I just found out why some of the other chart markers didn't work. It's because of the Nvidia GeForce experience that's installed with my laptop. They use the same shortcut keys for some of the chart markers (i.e. Alt F5 for diamond, Alt F8 for triangle). The only ones that worked were the un-mapped ones like Arrow Up and Arrow Down.
            I uninstalled GeForce experience and now all my chart markers work, including the ones with that custom indicator.
            Just thought I'd add this for anyone searching for a solution.

But, it looks like there is still a bug within NJT 8 where if you collapse the window so the indicators will have to be accessed with the More icon, they don't work. If you expand the window so you can see them all across the top, they work.
            PN720,

Not clear to me what you mean by "collapse" and "More Icon." Is this unique to just my mahToolBar2 indicator, or any indicator, or NT8? What you maybe referring to as a NT8 bug is a feature that is not in NT8.

Comment

I can reproduce what PN720 is referring to with the mahToolBar.

Steps to reproduce:
              • Add the indicator to your chart
              • Confirm the drawing tools from the add-on are working as expected
              • Resize the chart horizontally in a way which causes the toolbar icons to appear in a drop down list. Video example: https://www.screencast.com/t/AyzoYvc4bWRd
              • Try to use any of the drawing objects from the add-on by accessing them in the drop down menu

Comment

Hey PN720,

If you go to Indicators and then activate "Drawing tool tile" you get the same thing: fast access to the drawing tools, without multiple clicks. This "indicator" is default in the desktop platform.

Comment

Originally posted by thefrisian View Post
                  Hey PN720,

If you go to Indicators and then activate "Drawing tool tile" you get the same thing: fast access to the drawing tools, without multiple clicks. This "indicator" is default in the desktop platform.
                  This "indicator" is NOT default in the desktop platform. Please read the description for mahToolBar indicator if there is any confusion on how the indicator works.

The indicator uses the same default hot keys as NT8 for default Drawing Tools. However. it also includes several additional tools that are not in NT8. In addition, once desired tool icons are installed in the main menu you just need one click to draw a drawing tool, where as the default NT8 drawing tools in all cases require at least 2 clicks, and for some with sub-menu 3 clicks.

You can pick and choose your frequently used drawing tools icons to install in main menu and use only one-click to draw.

Cheers!

Comment

Is there an updated link for this indicator that allows for drawing tools to be added to the toolbar? For some reason the link posted from 2017 doesn't seem to take me directly to the indicator.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by rjm1903 View Post
                      Is there an updated link for this indicator that allows for drawing tools to be added to the toolbar? For some reason the link posted from 2017 doesn't seem to take me directly to the indicator.

Thank you!
                      Hi,

Try this link:
                      mahToolBar – Version 6 This version updates the code to includes several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The mahToolBar6 indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar for a one-click drawing. The early version of this indicator with selected tools used sample scripts from several […]

Comment

Is there any way to customize what tools you can see or not instead of all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by SpartanGR77 View Post
                          Is there any way to customize what tools you can see or not instead of all of them?
                          Yes, as indicated in description for the indicaor on NT download page (post # 11 above) you can check or uncheck on properties list an many boxes on toolbar as you care about.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes