Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with break EOD

Good morning,
    I am writing you because I have some issue with the break EOD.
    Please find thte attached in order to undrstand what I mean.
    Isn't the trading hours break line in the wrong place?
    It seems that it is 1 bar backwords than due.
    I posted it with FDXM chart but all the P&F charts I use have the same issue.

Thanks for your help.
    Fabio.
    Attached Files

Hello Fabio,

The screenshot does not show your time zone. The screenshot also does not show the time of the session close. This appears to be after 15:27 and before 8:13.

If your time zone is Eastern time, this would match the Eurex Equity Index Futures template that is created for the FDXM instrument which would have a close of 16:00 Eastern (UTC - 5) which is 22:00 CET (UTC + 1) the time zone of the Trading Hours Template.

Are you using the default trading hours template <use instrument settings> (Eurex Equity Futures)?

If so you can view the hours in Tools -> Trading Hours.

Are the hours listed in the Trading Hours window not matching the hours shown on the exchange website?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I just checked the trading hours on the platform and Eurex website and seems that they are a bit difference but, I don't think that it is the problem, because with a time based charts, such as 15 min one, i don't have any kind of problem about the EOD break (see pic below).

I got this problem JUST with P&F charts and not only with FDXM but with ALL charts, FX as well.

Thanks for your help,
      F.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Fabio,

What are you seeing as incorrect?

The screenshot you have provided appears to be correct.

By default NinjaTrader uses the 'Eurex Equity Index Futures' trading hours template.

In your screenshot you are showing the hours of a different template. Have you changed the FDXM instrument to use a template that is not designed for that instrument?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please, find the attached in order to have an idea.
          I am using P&F charts with the "original" settings, as you can see in the pictures.
          With this parameters, if I am using time-based charts, the break EOD line is in the correct place but, if you switch onto the P&F charts, this line is not in the right place anymore.
          Please find the 3 attached I posted in order to see what I mean.
          The question is; if with this parameters the break EOD line is in the correct place on the time-based charts, why it is not when I am on P&F charts?
          As I said in the threads before, this problem comes out with ALL the P&F charts and not just FDXM (I posted this just as an example).
          What can be the problem?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello mezzo89,

Thank you for your reply.

We are looking into this behavior and why it occurs. As a possible workaround, please try to uncheck "Break at EOD" in your data series settings. To access these, right click in your chart and select Data Series.

When you uncheck Break at EOD, does this improve the display of your Point and Figure chart?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Micah,
              if I am going to uncheck Break EOD is even worst because as you can see in the attached picture I can't see the gap that is created every day (if it happens of course) during the market break.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello mezzo89,

Thank you for your reply, and for providing a screen shot. This issue is currently being looked into by our development team. For future reference, the number associated with this issue is NTEIGHT-11777.

I will follow up with any additional information concerning this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post LawrenHom  
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post love2code2trade